Transmision conversion? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Transmision conversion?

pontiacman99
05-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Hey I'm new to this site but I didn't see this one anywhere so if I should have just shoot me... Where can I find a standard tranny for my 99' GAGT???

02andahalfgt
05-05-2005, 05:13 PM
If you didn't see it you obviously didn't search. That topic has been covered over and over again since this site began.
There are no manual trannys for '99+ GAs, it is possible to make a manual fit but it will take a lot of time, money and fabrication. All three of those have stopped many from attempting this monumental mod.

GregFarz78
05-06-2005, 05:55 AM
It will take about 2 times the amount of money that the car is worth to do a swap...this has been discussed since 1999 and no one but GM has successfully made the swap.

pontga00
05-06-2005, 09:22 AM
If you didn't see it you obviously didn't search. That topic has been covered over and over again since this site began.
There are no manual trannys for '99+ GAs, it is possible to make a manual fit but it will take a lot of time, money and fabrication. All three of those have stopped many from attempting this monumental mod.

The 4 cylinder 99+ GA SE's come with a manual tranny..

But to answer your question...the best place to find a manual tranny for your GA GT, is to go to a junk yard, or maybe even ebay...and do the 3400 to 2.4 swap w/manual tranny swap.

It can be done cheaply if you know how to do the labor. Everyone is going to tell you u can't put a manual in a GT...but they're lying.

GrahamKracka
05-06-2005, 09:40 AM
It can be done cheaply if you know how to do the labor.

no...no it cant...theres still alot of fabrication needed

and how do you know...have you done it? Have you ever SEEN a GAGT with a 5spd? Doubtful

edit: after reading your post again....it wouldnt be a GAGT....it'd be an se with GT cladding lol

pontga00
05-06-2005, 09:55 AM
edit: after reading your post again....it wouldnt be a GAGT....it'd be an se with GT cladding lol

Good job on reading the whole post before posting :nope:

pontiacman99
05-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the info and an engine swap to a 4 cylinder is definitly a no I love my 3400

02andahalfgt
05-06-2005, 08:50 PM
The 4 cylinder 99+ GA SE's come with a manual tranny..

No sh!t?! Really!? :eek:

We're talking about GTs in this thread.

And why the hell would you want to swap a 6cyl. for a 4 just to have a manual tranny?!?!?! :wtf

pontiacman99
05-06-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't know ask the one who suggested it in the first place