Funny noise coming from front drive side shock [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Funny noise coming from front drive side shock

DaMilkMan
05-08-2005, 03:45 AM
i keep hearing some weird noise come from my shock in front on my 02 gt. i havent had it checked out yet but any idea what i could be. could it be my shock or bushing ? please let me know, i'd greatly apprciate it, thanks.

stangdude
05-08-2005, 08:43 PM
most likely not the strut at all, most of the time it's the strut mount or the spring seat. If it is a clattering noise at slower speeds, it is most likely the strut mount

DaMilkMan
05-09-2005, 04:10 AM
sounds expensive to fix, what kinda price am i looking at. o another thing, i checked it out tonight, and its not making the noise anymore, its weird, u think i just got some water in there or something ? what i did yesterday was popped the hood and pushed down on the battery and i'd hear the noise, but i did it again today, and i dont hear it at all, so let me know, thanks much.

stangdude
05-09-2005, 09:52 PM
what kind of noise is it really? i had a popping noise on turns when it was humid out for a while too, it was a sway bar link bushing. Thats a really cheap fix, like $20 if you do it yourself.

kazakaz
05-10-2005, 08:52 AM
I had a problem similar to yours with my 03 Malibu. Took it into the dealer. Turns out, the place I was getting the oil changed at for 2 years since I bought the car new, never greased anything. The strut mount was dry. The dealer greased it for me and it was fine after that.

DaMilkMan
05-12-2005, 01:54 AM
alright the noise is like rubbing or something, but my ride and handleing remains perfect so i dont know, i'm getting my coolant flushed this friday so i'll have them take a look at it, hopefully it just needs to be greased, hopefully, thanks for all the feedback, i greatly appriciate it