Sea Foam Usage [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sea Foam Usage

GAGT7386
05-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Already guys I already read how to use it in the PCV line, but I just want to make sure that all you do is pour about 2/3 of it into the PCV line and then wait for the car to stall? Then add the rest to the crankcase. Just don't want to mess anything up

Thanks!

Jeremy
05-08-2005, 06:11 PM
uh... :wtf

Panacea
05-08-2005, 06:20 PM
You do not want to feed it till the car stalls. Feed it in slow enough to where it starts hesitating. After it gets acustomed to you pouring it in it will actually bring the idle up. It will take about 2-3 minutes to feed all of the stuff in. Add the appropriate amount into the crankcase, and also put about 3/4 into a full tank of gas (or put it into and empty tank and fill up immediately). Drive on that tank of gas and then change your oil. Should be good to go then.

kazakaz
05-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Just used this stuff in my fiance's Jimmy. She had a nasty tick, that sound like it could have been a lifter. Put about 1/3 of a can in to the brake booster vacuum line, shut it off and let it sit for 20 mins, then started it up again. The truck still ticked and the engine was running even worse. I then changed the oil, put a third of a can in the crankcase, and the rest in the gas tank. Then while she was driving home later, the noises stopped and the truck ran better that ever. Good stuff. Just bought a can to put in my gas tank.

GAGT7386
05-17-2005, 10:35 AM
So use the brake booster line or PCV line?

Molson
05-17-2005, 11:40 AM
yep