Replacing Radiator [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Radiator

ram
05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have any advice for replacing the radiator in a '95 GT? The plastic is cracked and there is a slow coolant leak. The cost of repairing it and getting a new one is about the same. I wanted to save some money and buy the new one and put it in myself. Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Ram

loridingt98
05-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Just Replaced Mine 2 Weeks Ago In My 98gt, Got A New One W/ Lifetime Warranty From An Online Vendor, Delivered In 2 Days, Shipping Included For $128, Old One Had Crack In Radiator On Drivers Side Above Coolent Hose Connection, I Am Pretty Sure 95 Engine Bay Would Be About The Same But On Mine I Had To Remove The Battery And Fuse Box To Get Enough Room To Pull Old Radiator Out, Also Make Sure Your Transmission Cooler Lines Are Tight, Lost About A Quart Of Tranny Fluid On A Later Discovered Loose Line Connection.. Car Runs Cooler Than Ever Now, Even Idleing With Air On Temp Runs Little Below Half Way Mark Now.....

ram
05-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info..

What site did you find the rad @$128? I found one locally for 133, of course I'll have to go pick it up.

Also, how tough was that lower heater hose to remove?
I saw where the top trans line was, I didn't see where the other one was. I guess it's near the bottom somewhere?