Car feels like its missing**HELP** [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car feels like its missing**HELP**

rap219
05-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Well...I got my car all back together and it was running good. I just changed the plugs and wires and used NGK plugs and the Taylor 8mm wires. But i'm still getting a little bit of a miss once in awhile. I'm wondering if it could be the coil packs or something. Its not real bad but you can hear it in the exhaust when i'm idling.

Joker694
05-12-2005, 09:38 AM
I have seen a bunch of people on here complain that they had a lot of misfires with Taylor wires

AznGA
05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Does your car do anything wierd during accereration?

TheChad
05-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Don't buy NGK there crap by some good AC delco they work the best in any chevy product and stay away from bosh platuim fours i put them in my car and she started missing. You can test the coils with a Ohmmeter. You don't really need those 8mm wires they don't really do much for you only if you get headers cause they can handle the heat.

TheChad
05-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Are the plugs gapped correctly

rap219
05-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Yeah the plugs are gapped right....But i actually just added the wires after it started missing thinking that it was the old wires. But it wasn't. How would i check the coils with a multimeter???? What setting should i put it on and what readings should i get???? I'll check them out tonight and if the coils are good then i'm going to just go put some AC plugs back in it. Thanx for the help.

rap219
05-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Does your car do anything wierd during accereration?

Actually when i first take off it has a noticable miss for just a second but that goes away as soon as i get moving a little quicker. Why?

AznGA
05-13-2005, 11:20 AM
So when you look at the tachnometer, the RPM wouldn't go up constantly right? It would go up, stop, up, stop and so forth. I have NGK/Tayler as well and that's what's happening in my car.

rap219
05-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Are the plugs gapped correctly

Actually come to think of it i believe they were pre-gapped. Some one just told me that Your not suppose to gap platinum plugs, they should be pre-gapped always. Is this true??? Don't seem like it, but figured i'd ask.

TheChad
05-15-2005, 10:22 AM
The Platium 4's u don't have to gap but don't buy them they didn't work in my car. I put ac delco platium plugs in and i just checked the gap just in case. Checking your coils with a ohmmeter on the ohm setting and put the leads on the one post than the other post on the same coil mine read like 5 ohms which i think is in spec but if there any higher like up to 10 ohms than i think there bad.