Oil dripping from my car [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Oil dripping from my car

Braves299
05-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Lastnight when I got home, I pulled up to my car and noticed there was a huge oil stain underneath. I got a flashlight and looked underneath. The oilpan and bolt are very wet, but I'm not sure if that is the problem (It might just be dripping onto the pan)

I just replaced the valve cover gasket and changed my oil about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I've been driving my car ever since then and have had no problems with it. I drove it to work yesterday, and then I came home and parked it (I drove my truck later in the day) When I got back that evening is when I noticed the oil.

What should I look for when I get off work today? Oil filter possibly? The valve cover gasket is fine it seems. the valve cover is completely dry.

Thanks,
David

fishhunter911
05-17-2005, 09:46 AM
check the oil pressure sending unit. They always seems to leak in GM vehicles after 40k miles or so.

AleroME
05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
oil pan gasket? I just changed mine .. calls for 3 hr of labor and removal of the subframe, ac compressor, starter ..etc

My oil pan was covered in oil, and tranny pan

Braves299
05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Well I still haven't gotten the chance to look at it yet. I had to cut my neighbor's grass today after work. I'll check it out tomorrow. If it was a gasket, don't you think it's kind of wierd that it would happen all of a sudden like that? It was fine, and then just started pouring out oil yesterday afternoon after I drove it to work. I can't recall hitting anything either (rocks, potholes, etc...) so I'm just lost.........