Tint = Scratches DANGIT! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tint = Scratches DANGIT!

BadGT471
05-19-2005, 02:33 PM
What is up with this? I have had my front windows tinted on my 02 GAGT coupe since I've had it. I keep getting vertical scratches on the back part of my window. The scratches are inside in the tint. If I take the tint off, the scratches are gone. I had both windows retinted last winter and so far i have NO scratches in the drivers side window, but again, the passenger one looks like crap. What is causing this? I would think if something was really rubbing inside the door, the scratches would actually be in the glass, no just in the tint. Does anyone have any ideas, and know of a solution to this? How many people here have tint and have scratches in the tint?

Thanks,
Jeff

Dexman1349
05-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I had this same problem, but not with scratches. I was having grease streaks show up. I ended up removing the interior door panels, cleaning the $hit out of them, and replacing them.

What's probably scratching it is in the felt pad along the bottom of the window. Maybe some compressed air would clean it out.

Rich
05-19-2005, 03:00 PM
apparently its a common problem here is a sticky from the all show section:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34816&highlight=window+scratches

AznGA
05-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Almost every GA owners have window problems. I think poor door design with narrow door gap causes scratches. Putting a tint on it will make it worse. I just have tint on the rear and tint is scratched after only rolling them down 3-4 times. That's why I am leaving my front windows untinted. I have bad outside scratches on them anyway.