Replacing Blazertech Bulb with H3's [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Blazertech Bulb with H3's

H.O. Driver
05-20-2005, 08:23 PM
I am trying to replace the Blazertech 3200 bulbs with some H3's since one is burnt out. I tried the search and H3 is too small of a word to be used in the search criteria so I wasn't finding what I was looking for.

This is what I am looking for, pics and info on replacing the bulbs, the H3's have a ground wire coming off the bulb and was wondering what to do with this or will it be obvious once I get the bulbs out. I am sorta of hoping that the black wire came loose on the light since that seems to be a problem with Blazertechs and why the one side lasted less than 6 months and I don't drive at night very often.

Any help, tips, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

MNGT1
06-02-2005, 09:03 PM
The Black wire on the Blazertechs is a crimped on ring terminal which touches the outer ring of the bulb. when you remove the first set of screws from the back of the foglight theres a rubber boot then the 2 screws that hold the bulb in which the ring terminal is attached to. I switched out my blazertech bulbs for PIAA GTX H3 and i think is well worth it. Better the Silvania Silverstars forsure. But when doing it you will have to cut the connercters off the blazertech bulbs and solder them on to the PIAA.. once you take it apart you'll see!

AznGA
06-06-2005, 01:48 PM
So you have to solder it everytime you replace the bulb?

Kdawg207
06-06-2005, 01:53 PM
no...change the connectors once

thats what i did

MNGT1
06-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Yea Just once

dhdz
06-14-2005, 07:19 AM
When i replace mine, i found it easier to just remove the light from the bracket. I think it is faster and easier to remove the screws like that.