turn signal noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : turn signal noise

Gramp's GT
05-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Last year or the year before I received a recall letter to get my hazard switch replaced which I did.

I am now getting the "clicking" noise as if my turn signals are on exept sometimes the clicking is really fast and intermitent. I took it to my dealer and I was told that this clicking is not due to the recall but was my turn signal flasher which cost about $200 for the part. Is this right?

The faulty clicking could be dangeous becasue a person may think they have their turn signal on because of the sound and in fact they do not have their turn signal turned on.

AaronGAGT
05-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Yes its right. called the multifunction switch. Search to find more threads about this topic :)

Gramp's GT
05-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the info...on finding the topic.

Looks like I am out of luck in getting GM to replace this one........Sure seems like a dangerous thing that could cause an accident or a ticket for not signalling when turning........Sounds like GM is hiding from offering a recall on this common annoyance.

Infernall
05-21-2005, 08:24 PM
I wrote a howto for this random signal clicking problem. Here is the link.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50126

Gramp's GT
05-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah...I read it...and it is well written however I think I will let the dealer do it. Thanks for you info on the switch as it makes me feel better knowing the "truth" rather than just trusting the dealer. Plus now I know what is involved.

Bogdan69
06-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Thank you very much for howto. I have an Alero that had the same problem before to find this site.
Great info!