Door does not Open or Unlock [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Door does not Open or Unlock

pparts
05-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Last week tried to open my passenger side door, pulled the handle and it didn't open. Pushed the unlock button on my remote all doors unlocked except this one. Tried my Key, it didn't turn all the way. Went inside the car to manually move the button. That wouldn't open.. All electrical connections are working to the door. So I can take the seat out thru the back door but still cant get the door panel off because of the front dash. So with causing the least amount of damage how do i get the door open. Then what parts should I purchase before hand to repair it.

Sucks being called chauffeur while friends are in back seat.
:rolleyes:
Thanks

SilverGAGT04
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Sounds like the latch lock is busted. It will be hard to replace this with the door closed. You have to open the door to replace it. Get that door open.

Molson
05-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Mine does that, but only when the door is "hot". ie: the sun has been on it a while. Its because my girlfriend always pulled the door handled as I was shutting the car off and it was unlocking, man, **** me off. I assume it has bent to rods. When its cooler, the door opens fine.
I still have to take it apart and look at it, but since I rarely use that door myself, its low on my priority list. Let me know what you find out.

brim
05-26-2005, 07:57 PM
edit: replace the door lock cylinder

pparts
05-27-2005, 07:00 PM
I have a 4 door and I can see where the door latches to the car when the rear door is opened. Is there any way I could stick a screwdriver in there to get it open.. I need the least damage method to opening that door. Is it the lock latch or door cylinder that is busted? I plan on purchasing the part(s) before I get the door unlocked.