Front end shake [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front end shake

noog99
05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
ok, so a while back my brake pedal and steering wheel started shaking when i braked around 70mph...came on here and figured warped rotors and i changed them, but the shake is still there, not nearly as much but theres a shake in the front end when braking around 70 again, not just in the pedal and steering wheel. the only thing i can think of is over the winter i hit a nasty pothole and it bent the inside of my rim, i got it banged out from a shop so would that cause the shake? i also have a plug in a different tire after getting a nail in it but i dont think its that but if you guys have any ideas that would be great...also i only changed the front rotors/pads, someone told me get an alignment but i dont know. thanks

1hotgagt
05-23-2005, 04:40 PM
when you hit the pothole you might of knocked the car out of alignment if you hit the hole hard enough to bend the rim im saying you need an alignment. and were are you in philly im a philly dude too.

magyver
05-23-2005, 09:12 PM
no, alignments have nothing to do w/ shakes, ya prolly need your tires rebalanced... the plug w/ make the tire unbalanced, an alighment is when it pulls left or right... or tows evenly...

noog99
05-24-2005, 06:19 AM
yes i'm in philly, basically out by bensalem but still philly...but yeah, my girlfriend's dad said the tire might be out of balance, so i guess i'll try to get that done, the car doesn't really pull ever so i don't think it needs an alignment, but any other ideas are welcome