Help - Glass in tire, need some help! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help - Glass in tire, need some help!

BadGT471
05-24-2005, 04:24 PM
I have glass in my RSA. It's a piece of glass about a half inch long. It's in one of my treads in the middle of the tire. It actually looks like it split the tread. Anyways, I haven't noticed any air pressure loss. I am not sure how long it's been there. I just noticed today, and was debating on whether or not I should try to remove it? Should I try and pull it out, or should I just leave it and take the car to a tire place and let them remove it? IS there anyway to tell how deep it is and whether or not I will get a flat tire if I remove it? If anyone has any idea's that would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

Molson
05-24-2005, 04:45 PM
leave it.

If it comes out and you get a flat, then get it plugged.

Mike Jung
05-24-2005, 04:47 PM
IMO,

Leave the piece of glass in the tire.
& take it into a tire place to repair.

You could always drive to the tire place's parking lot & then pull the piece of glass out; & then see what happens

Molson
05-24-2005, 04:59 PM
It could only be in the tread.

action
05-26-2005, 11:11 AM
I'd haul it out now, if it leaks plug it with aplug kit, then have it repaired at a garge. If its right through the tire, you dont want it to cause a blow out on the highway if it decides to come out then!!!!

Matt95GT
05-26-2005, 11:23 AM
I'd haul it out now, if it leaks plug it with aplug kit, then have it repaired at a garge.

:iconfused: Why both? The garage is just gonna use a plug too.

2002GT
05-26-2005, 11:23 AM
dont buy a plug kit......... places plug cars for free and if not its like $10