Problem With Tyc Tailights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Tyc Tailights

GTLUVA
05-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I've been having problems lately with one of my TYC tailz the brake light bulb will keep on falling out of the holder and rolling around my tailight while in the meantime the brake light on the tail won't be lighting up without the bulb in there. After two times of ripping out the tailight putting back in the bulb I decided to seek some professional help this morning.

Yes, stopped by the bodyshop and was talking to them about my tailight asking suggestions. They were looking at the tail and told me the spring holding the brake light wasn't working the greatest and it will just keep on popping out. So we put some exopy on it and the light is still holding strong in there. I was just wondering if anybody else experienced any similar problems with the TYC tailights :confused:

AznGA
05-25-2005, 07:28 PM
They have the improved harness out. Contact TYC and they will give them to you for free.

GTLUVA
06-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Anbody know the number for TYC. I have some major bitchin for the their cheap ass tailights. Damn tailight is broke once again. Damn brake light keeps on popping out of the socket. My car is really ass ghetto now driving with a stock lamp on the right carbon fiber on the left

I just sent them a e-mail by elegantebytyc.com I hope thats the right website to contact the company through?????

redramair01
06-02-2005, 05:57 AM
Anbody know the number for TYC. I have some major bitchin for the their cheap ass tailights. Damn tailight is broke once again. Damn brake light keeps on popping out of the socket. My car is really ass ghetto now driving with a stock lamp on the right carbon fiber on the left

I just sent them a e-mail by elegantebytyc.com I hope thats the right website to contact the company through?????

Its just like with anything else that is aftermarket, its not going to fit perfect. But I agree I would want it fixed too.

AznGA
06-02-2005, 09:46 AM

That is the correct website.

GTLUVA
06-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Well sent a nice e-mail to them stating my problem gave them my name and number and stated the problem. Got home from work they didn't send me a e-mail back or reply. So I went crying back over to the bodyshop told them my car was broke once again. The bodyshop worker tried everything putting washers maybe to hold the stupid socket together. We even sorted through the trash at the bodyshop busted out tailamps and old bulb sockets. Nothing that fits of course. Went over to Advanced Auto and they hooked we up with a socket. Now the TYC lights are gay and all the wires are glued with each other but the bodyshop told me they can do some wire splicing for me so that works out good. Too bad I have to wait till Monday but I will still get to look ghetto for 3 more days with my two different tailights :loser

Does anybody know any phone numbers for TYC??? They don't reply back to there e-mails you think they have a decent phone number to call? Just like the bodyshop manager told me they want your money then after that they decide to **** all over you :scream: People call me the dealership queen but at least they try to help me out with my problems on my aftermarket ****.

coupe
06-02-2005, 05:52 PM
I bought mine from the same place you did and about 3 weeks after you did. I have had no probs yet.

AznGA
06-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Sometimes it takes them a couple days to reply e-mails.

GTLUVA
06-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Well on Friday I got a nice friendly e-mail from the company and they are sending me a new improved wire harness in 4-8 days. I hope this does the trick now and stops the problem.

AznGA
06-05-2005, 08:27 PM
The new harnesses defintely hold the bulbs. I never have problems with them.

GTLUVA
06-05-2005, 08:29 PM
The new harnesses defintely hold the bulbs. I never have problems with them.

Does the new harness include all new wiring or does it just fix the brake light problem because I noticed all the wiring is all glued together. :iconfused

AznGA
06-05-2005, 08:46 PM
It's the entire thing. Unplug the old one, toss it, plug the new one.