Pics in Sig [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Pics in Sig

AMRAAM4
05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
With the new, personal server, would it now be possible to have pics in our sig? Of course there would be a limit on file size and pixels (400x300 ?)

then again, if my works server never changes I won't get to see the damn thing that much anyway :rolleyes:

2002GT
05-25-2005, 08:06 PM
where you been?

AMRAAM4
05-25-2005, 08:09 PM
no DNS update at work with GAGTs new server info.

Jeremy
05-25-2005, 08:18 PM
ryan and I will think about this. we didn't just turn the option off to limit bandwidth, but I think we both feel that having images in the sigs gets way out of hand and clutters up the forums.

AMRAAM4
05-25-2005, 08:24 PM
ryan and I will think about this. we didn't just turn the option off to limit bandwidth, but I think we both feel that having images in the sigs gets way out of hand and clutters up the forums.
another perk of having a premium membership?

UNCTYPE-S
05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I think we both feel that having images in the sigs gets way out of hand and clutters up the forums.

*iagree*

ndprunner22
05-25-2005, 08:55 PM
i hate that pics in sigs are really gay
they just take up a bunch of room and are not needed
put a link if u really want it
i hate that on gaoc.com
thats just my .02h

02andahalfgt
05-25-2005, 09:06 PM
i hate that pics in sigs are really gay
they just take up a bunch of room and are not needed
put a link if u really want it
i hate that on gaoc.com
thats just my .02h

Yeah cause you always get the people who put the pics and descriptions acting like their car is the sh!t. :rolleyes: Links to cardomains and n-body registries are good enough IMO.

UNCTYPE-S
05-25-2005, 09:09 PM
^^
2002 GAGT (hot ride)
-vent visors
-tints
-floor mats
-blue license plate frame
-removed visor stickers

02andahalfgt
05-25-2005, 09:20 PM
^ That's almost me, what the hell you tryin to say?! lol

DrFabulous
05-26-2005, 08:08 AM
I like being able to scroll down and not have to look thru all those. Plus, I'm on dial-up right now... having pics in the sig would KILL me.

mr_eh
05-26-2005, 10:36 AM
With the new, personal server, would it now be possible to have pics in our sig? Of course there would be a limit on file size and pixels (400x300 ?)

then again, if my works server never changes I won't get to see the damn thing that much anyway :rolleyes:

off topic but amraam i saw that video in your sig, als is on the mod list for the wrx =P.

and sigs in pictures are a double edged sword, look at jbody, everyone has their car + a hot chick in the signature - its quite lame, imo... if we add sigs they need to be heavily moderated ie; either yourself, your car, or a group of cars containing your car in the signature....

and premium membership would be nice too... im sure there is an option to disable signatures as well for 56kers =/

AMRAAM4
05-26-2005, 03:35 PM
1. For the dinosaurs still on dial up...sorry, but don't kill the majorities fun because of a few stragglers. Besides, go to UserCP, Options, AND TURN THEM OFF.

2. Supra, RX7, Madden video game, Dolphin board I visit..all allow small sigs. They are bigger in population than here and there are no problems at all. Too big..BOOM..see ya.

I'll moderate sigs for crying out loud. Over X size or containing questionable material..SEE YA! Don't like it... :hammer:

SC/TGrandAm
05-26-2005, 07:37 PM
I agree pictures in sigs would be nice, and only allow it for premium members....

If we had more perks like this I would fork out some cash for premium membership and probably some others too.

Rich
05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
IMO i think it looks just fine without the picutures in signatures. keeps everything looking nice and clean. like someone said a link to their cardomain seems just fine. avatars are good enough. my .02 cents.

AMRAAM4
05-26-2005, 08:19 PM
IMO i think it looks just fine without the picutures in signatures. keeps everything looking nice and clean. like someone said a link to their cardomain seems just fine. avatars are good enough. my .02 cents.
can we please make something clear....

CARDOMAIN IS GARBAGE!!

...it is nothing but a gay ass advertising site for their rip off of a store that is infested with r1cers faking their cars and talking in ebonics/AOL jibberish. Last week I just recalled I had a page their for my 2000 GASC..I went back and looked at it and though, wow, what a :farz: place

Rich
05-26-2005, 08:22 PM
well how about a link to their n-body or personal website.

Irate
05-27-2005, 06:25 AM
hmm... interesting :)

UNCTYPE-S
05-27-2005, 06:30 AM
What does cardomains garbage have to do with our cardomain links. You click on the link, and there is our pics and info. Simple as that. Were not asking to go look at everyone else's rlcer page.

coupe
05-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Make it a premium memebr thing. It would be another nice perk of being a premium member.

ndprunner22
05-27-2005, 10:53 AM
premium member would still keep the amount of pics down so i dont think i would have a prob about that
the search wait is another story....
56k needs to get with it!

coupe
05-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Im suprised their are people out there still with dial-up.

Roush GT
05-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Im suprised their are people out there still with dial-up.

some people can't get broadband in thier area, me included.

coupe
05-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Those few areas are dwindling. Sure there are a few out there that have no choice but very few.

coupe
05-27-2005, 01:52 PM
The more i think about it i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really would like us premium members to be able to have sig pics. I think it would be a great addition or "perk" of being a premium member.

Jeremy
05-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Adding it for Premium Members is a good idea. I think there's one hack we need to add to get that setup, We'll dig into it.

AMRAAM4
05-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Here is an example of FinHeaven, the Dolphins largest message board online (unofficial, but still many writers, players, and who knows else lurk there and always has inside info/breaking news).

Unified Theory's sig is nice, there is actually a resident graphic design major who makes a lot of the sigs and they are great, some even have simple flash like this one. In that sig the helmet changes from the 72 design..to the 80s...to the recent. As advice, I would say no more than 300 high and 600 wide. That sig is average for the site and is about 600x200 I think, and around 63KB. Also, it would be nice if people could have some decent pics if we do go to sigs. Not some broke ass fuzzy stuff or trashy ghetto crap. It would help to keep the site respectable.

mr_eh
05-27-2005, 06:55 PM
actually the majority of the world is still dial up

Jeremy
05-27-2005, 09:09 PM
only way it'll happen is if we find an option for everyone to "turn them off"

RediculousGASE
05-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Well I aint no premium member and I got a stupid pic of some other guys car in my sig VVVV

UNCTYPE-S
05-29-2005, 10:46 AM
^No you dont, chill out a little bit, you already have a thread posted. Its in your profile, and theirs no way someone can change your pic unless they have your id/password.

DrFabulous
05-31-2005, 08:33 AM
For some reason, my broadband won't let me connect to gagt.com. Any other site in the world works fine, but it hates this place for some reason. So for me to get on, I have to use dial-up. I agree, we shouldn't be playing for just a few, but I still think that sigs, unless kept small, can get annoying.

Jinx
05-31-2005, 10:29 AM
only way it'll happen is if we find an option for everyone to "turn them off"

If you go to User CP > edit options > scroll down to Thread Display Options > then uncheck Show Signatures

It won't show a signature at all, but I'm not aware of any hack for vbulletin 3.0.6 or earlier that will cut out images only from signatures. Of course I haven't browsed their hacks in a few months.

shadesofnight
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
I think adding pics in sigs for premium members is a SPECTACULAR idea... might even motivate some to pitch in that 15. I also agree that there needs to be clear size limits, but I dont think they need to be moderated that closely. The only way you can have a sig pic is if its your car? Come on, thats a bit much. No T&A of course, but I dont see a problem if someone is promoting another interest of theirs.

Here's my sig pic over at GAOC:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/shadesofnight/gasigfinal.gif

Jinx
05-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Man, that is a slick lookin' sig.

UNCTYPE-S
05-31-2005, 05:10 PM
i do think premium members only with a banner is a good idea, however I just think it will clutter the threads up. Just like Brad's, not saying his is bad, but imagine 20 of those things on one page and it just doesnt look good IMO.

02andahalfgt
05-31-2005, 06:12 PM
i do think premium members only with a banner is a good idea, however I just think it will clutter the threads up. Just like Brad's, not saying his is bad, but imagine 20 of those things on one page and it just doesnt look good IMO.

I agree, it may not look 'bad', but it's annoying. We know your screenname and we know you drive a grand am. All that info is available along the left side of the posts, add a pic of your car to your avatar and there ya have it. Why do we need flashing pics under ever post? :homo:

shadesofnight
05-31-2005, 06:45 PM
I guess I personally dont even notice the pics unless they are well done or a really good shot or something. Maybe if I had dial-up this would be more of an issue, but really Im only bothered by sig pics if they are ridiculously huge.

example:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/shadesofnight/huge.jpg I shrank down the screen shot, but you get the idea... excessive.

Maybe I just dont mind because I really enjoy making graphics.

CruzinGT33
05-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Clutters the hell out of the page... I'd be scrolling forever just to see the bottom the the page.

Jeremy
05-31-2005, 07:15 PM
there's a hack we can put in that only shows your sig the first time you post in a thread. You can also turn off signatures right now in your UserCP -> Options

UNCTYPE-S
05-31-2005, 07:45 PM
that solves everything then. People who dont wish to see sig's can just turn that feature off. Both teams are happy then.

shadesofnight
05-31-2005, 10:18 PM
I definitely like the "show the sig once per thread" option... that sounds like a pretty good setup.

DrFabulous
06-01-2005, 10:46 AM
^^^ Ya, either that, or maybe instead of having a sig pic you could just make it so your avatar could be bigger? Not a huge pic, obviously, but that way all the discussion stuff will stay on the right, and the pics on the left.

coupe
06-01-2005, 11:27 AM
^
Maybe im being thick headed but i dont understand your sig. The 3 word one.
Sorry to change subject.....kind of.

DrFabulous
06-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Of those 3 words, you can only have two. Cheap and fast= not reliable. Fast and reliable= not cheap. Cheap and reliable= not fast.

coupe
06-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I see i was thinkin you can only have 2 as if it is a good thing....dur
I dont mean to thread jack sorry!