Power Height Adjuster Fix? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Height Adjuster Fix?

lufkintravis
05-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Anyone else had their driver seat power height adjuster motor bind up? Looked and don't see anything in it, but just stopped working one day, hoping i don't have to buy a new one and seats kinda jacked up and I'm not too short, so it's getting old quickly

tenspeed
05-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Maybe you can spin it down to where you want it and leave it there. My manual seats are ther same height for all drivers.

eaglesrealm
05-28-2005, 02:16 PM
I had the same problem with my wife's Alero seat, but was able to finally get it freed by wiggling the seat while toggling the switch up and down.

I now have the exact same problem (Gotta love GM - at least they are consistently bad) with my GAGT which I have yet been able to free.

Anyone else have some words of wisdom on how to fix this? I have seen others that have also had this problem.

mjpaquette
05-28-2005, 02:30 PM
I've got the same problem. I can hear and feel the motor when the switch is activated, but no movement. One guy on the forum thought I needed a new seat adjuster, but I'd like to know if anyone has actually experienced and then fixed this exact problem.

SilverGAGT04
05-28-2005, 02:36 PM
You need a power seat adjuster/riser. Nothing else can be done to fix it.

eaglesrealm
06-04-2005, 03:10 PM
You need a power seat adjuster/riser. Nothing else can be done to fix it.

I fixed mine today just by toggling the switch up and down and getting some WD-40 at the joints/pivots. Goes up and down now!!!! Yeah, that was annoying! :)