Monsoon display dim? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon display dim?

lufkintravis
05-27-2005, 07:23 PM
I have a monsoon unit and was wondering if the display should dim and adjust with the backlighting? My odometer display dims out just fine, but radio display remains constant... (adjustable backlighting for buttons works fine though)... It just bothers me cause i can't see the display in bright sunshine @ all. Try driving down the road trying to shade the display with one hand and read it... Also, my radio works fine, but needs to be "calibrated" if that makes a diff? Anyone know of a way to calibrate it yourself? Thanks for any help guys...

Rich
05-27-2005, 07:32 PM
i dont know anything about calibrating a radio but my radio does the same thing. not quite dimming with the speedo. im guessing it was like that from the factory.

AznGA
05-27-2005, 07:49 PM
The only time when odometer and radio adjust is when parking lights/headlights are on.

lufkintravis
05-27-2005, 08:26 PM
The careful reader would notice that I did state the odometer dims properly but not the radio display, but, sorry, I didn't feel the need to add that it only works when the lights are being used cause i was thinking that everyone else's lighting was wired the same way mine was... Sorry for the confusion... Can I get a redundancy check here? LOL J/K