Aftermarket Sunroof? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Sunroof?

lufkintravis
05-27-2005, 10:11 PM
I really want a sunroof and would like some info on how i can add one (electric, not flip up) and whether it's a good idea or not. Any knowledge or experiences?

Clyde
05-28-2005, 05:20 AM
In my oppinion .. BAD idea! there's a good chance its gonna leak in the heavy rains and theres really no warrenty with this kind of thing. honestly more headache than pleasure.
and yes, unfortunately I am speaking from experiance.

SkinzGT1
05-28-2005, 08:11 AM
NOT A GOOD IDEA!! I had priced them on my previous vehicle... runs about a grand for an electric model like the stock GT's, a rear slider. Leaky as heck... and actually not all that large, dimensionally.

atc3434
05-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I have one on my car that was installed when the pervious owner had the car. It was done pro and works perfect in every way. Doesn't leak, its as big as the stock GTs, and works just as well. I dunno what they paid, I'm sure it wasn't cheap. I always thought it was stock till I saw a GT and noticed that the switch was totally different. If you pay to get it done right, I guess its ok, but I sure wouldn't do it myself.

Panacea
05-28-2005, 08:26 AM
You should cut a hole in your roof and see if the dealer will put a sunroof in there under warranty.

uniquesoul
05-28-2005, 08:49 AM
there are places that do it. im having on put in my se. its gonna cost me $400 installed, and its power, done by a professional. with a 1 yr warranty. parts and labor.

just pull out your yellow pages and look up sunroofs, thats what i did. the most expensive one was $1400 a total waist of money to me.