Gasoline Smell [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline Smell

amd_hcds
05-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Hello
I have a problem with my 92 GA SE 3.3 , When I run my A\C a crazy gasoline smell comes and it bugs alot , Any solutions?

Ridenour
05-29-2005, 02:34 PM
That is probably freon you're smelling. You probably have a leak in one of the lines, and when the compressor pressurizes it to run the AC, it's leaking the freon, which may smell like gasoline.

tenspeed
05-29-2005, 04:41 PM
It could also be a leaking fuel regulator. Does it only smell with the A/C or whenever the fan is on?

amd_hcds
05-30-2005, 07:52 AM
It only smells like that when the A\C is on only and not all the time , Sometimes only.

And I don't think it's leaking freon , Cause it has been like this for a long time , If it's leaking Freon then the Air conditioning should be out by the time it leaks all the freon , But it cools very well so I dont' suspect a freon leak , Most likely a fuel leak somewhere but I donno where

tenspeed
05-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Most likely a fuel leak somewhere but I donno where

Try the fuel regulator, they have a habit of leaking.

JohnnyB4439
05-30-2005, 06:16 PM
i had the same problem, they replaced my fuel pump, after that the smell was gone.

amd_hcds
06-01-2005, 10:14 AM
The Fuel Regulator? What's that and where is it located in my engine?

And about my fuel pump , I already changed it last week and still have the same problem.

tenspeed
06-01-2005, 10:51 AM
You have a fuel line from the pump that goes to the fuel rail. At the other end of the fuel rail is the regulator. The return line is attached to the bottom and a small vacuum line is attached to the top. Sometimes they leak from the cap and sometimes where they attach to the fuel rail.

The fuel pump is way back in the gas tank. Good or bad, I don't think the fumes are going to make it into the cowl.

amd_hcds
06-03-2005, 12:35 AM
I solved the problem , It WAS from the gas tank , When they opened the gas tank to change the fuel pump , One of the joints were leaking and they didn't notice me to change it saying they forgot? , I noticed my car leaking when I was cleaning it , Thanks for everyone for their help