Ram Air Shroud Removal [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ram Air Shroud Removal

LDBGT
05-30-2005, 12:44 AM
I was jus wonderin i recently pulled the shroud off to fix one of my headlights... i left it off and went to the store quick to get the proper bulb... got the wrong one first... i noticed the motor sounded alot meaner with the shroud off... will i do any harm or cause any problems by leavin this off?

Jeremy
05-30-2005, 08:27 AM
won't cause any "harm". and it doesn't make your car sound any "meaner".

LDBGT
05-30-2005, 09:10 AM
oh but i beg to differ well maybe not meaner... i jus have stock air box and such... so when i start it up you can hear it pull air threw it sounds nice.... and when i go at WOT you can hear it pull air threw...

AznGA
05-30-2005, 10:21 AM
So you removed the plastic pipe from the front end to the airbox? My buddy recently removed it and ya, it is louder without it.

LDBGT
05-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Yes that piece is removed to... but im talking about the part when you open your hood it says RamAir By Pontiac.... i removed that piece and it made my car sound alot more energwetic... meaner... awake however i feel like putting it...

AznGA
05-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Yes that piece is removed to... but im talking about the part when you open your hood it says RamAir By Pontiac.... i removed that piece and it made my car sound alot more energwetic... meaner... awake however i feel like putting it...
I don't think that one will make any difference though.