Need help, my fog lights stopped working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need help, my fog lights stopped working

ksgrandam
05-30-2005, 09:07 PM
I've got a 2000 Grand Am GT and my fog lights stopped working yesterday.

I went outside last night and noticed that my fog lights were turned on, but the rest of the car was completely shut off. I started the car, hit the fog light switch, and the indicator light on the fog light switch would not turn off.

I turned the car off, turned it back on, and hit the fog light switch again. They finally turned off. Now, however, they will not turn on. I've tried hitting the switch at night, during the day, with the headlights on automatic, and with the headlights turned on manually.

I checked the fuse, and it is not blow, but I went ahead and replaced it anyway. When I hit the switch I DO NOT hear the relay clicking. Any ideas? I'm tempted to just replace the switch. Does anyone have the part number for it?

Thanks for the help, guys.

sc02grandam
05-30-2005, 09:11 PM
check out the relay

Firsty1
05-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey,
I also had a very smiliar problem with my car. I have a 2000 Grand Am GT. Everything seemed fine, then one night I noticed my fog lights weren't on. The switch was on and the light illuminated on the dash, I checked the fuse was fine, however, I could hear my relay clicking when I'd hit the on switch- I checked with a multimeter and no power was getting to the lights. If anyone knows what the problem may be I would appreciate any help. Thanks!