Glovebox Light Works Off And On [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Glovebox Light Works Off And On

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-31-2005, 01:54 AM
I DID MY MANY SEARCHES. FOUND NOTHING. SO MY GLOVE BOX LIGHT SOMETIMES WORKS . IF IS NOT ON , YOU ARE ABLE TO TOUCH THE BULB AND IT COMES ON.
NOW THE AREA AND WHERE THE BULB IS ATTACHED TO THE GLOVEBOX HAS A FARE AMOUNT OF MOVEMENT IF YOU JIGGLE THE BULB IN THE SOCKET. OR BETTER THE SOCKET AREA MOVES . DON 'T KNOW IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT NOT WORKING ALL THE TIME.
I HAVE REPLACED THE BULB. BUT NO CHANGES OF THE YEARS. IT'S GOING IN TODAY FOR A NEW DIMMER SWITCH. BUT DON ' T THINK THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GLOVE BOX LIGHT PROBLEM. any warranty problems or tsb on this .

SC/TGrandAm
05-31-2005, 01:56 AM
I dont know, but I do know theres NO NEED TO TYPE IN CAPITALS. It is hard to read.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-31-2005, 03:36 AM
i love your car and may have talked to in past about something ??? and to tell you the truth I HAVE TALKED ABOUT THIs problem several times . as to why there are caps AND NOT AT TIMES ETC ETC. AND IT NOW TO BE HONEST ****ES ME OFF THAT folKS WOULD FIND THE TIME OR SPEND SO MUCH TIME SP[ENDING ON THIS TOPIC. IT'S A WAIST OF TIME FIRST OFF AND SORT OF STUPID.
WHEN i read things on this or any website i don ' t care if there is bad spelling ( i can usually figure it out or i just ask to clarify)or if they use caps or not . i get on this website as should everyone that gets on this website to exchange info they may help US OUT. IF IT BOTHER ( ANYONE SO MUCH ) . JUST DON ' T READ THEM. IT'S IS A TRIED DEAD TOPIC .
again also if most of you folks had to deal with my problems you would all stop bothering me about this topic. plus any of you folks that get on here to curse / flip off at each other . maybe how i might be doing here. let it go . and no i am not at all religious if interested. i think the main idea of the website is to help each other with our cars and talk about good and bad problems with our cars and then just chat etc . leave the other lets , just say stuff out . cool.
i do find it funny i guess that you would answer this email in the way you did when my time up here is only 7:30 am morning. what time it is there ???? if it is just as early you must me unemployed or bored i would guess??? i take note that you run your own website. never been on it . but if i did i would use it for what it is like ment to be used for.

Ridenour
05-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Ban him.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-31-2005, 04:44 AM
RIDENOUR ARE YOU DIRECTING YOUR STATMENT TO ME ? ban him .are you joking . for what ,capital letters. AND BECAUSE I ASKED THAT FOLKS LEAVE OUT STUFF THAT IS ACTUALLUAly not need on this website or any.. i have explianed in detail why there are caps etc at times . one is easy my caps button and number 5 button stick . i have had them cleaned if you ask. and my few handi caps causes many probleMS. ALSO I WENT INTO DETAIL ON THAT . WHICH IS ACTUALLY KNOW ONES BUSINESS.. your only 19 . you are likely still in school , and fairly to very smart . i never had the fortune of getting an education or a few other things . atleast show some respect to someone twice your age.

tenspeed
05-31-2005, 05:43 AM
On my glove box, there is a plastic post by the light sticking out toward the glove box door. That post turns the light on. Wiggle it around a few times to clean the contact and free it up.

rocketfast123
05-31-2005, 06:53 AM
agree with tenspeed.

but

STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS

thank-you :)

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-31-2005, 07:06 AM
thanks tenspeed FOR NOT BASHING ME AND HELPING ME OUT COOL.. i toOk in out from the dash / glove box area. and even took it completely apart cleaned it with electriciAL CLEANER . THEN luBRICATED IT and re installed. will see after time if it works . i found that it did stick abit just as it starts to push inward. might be better now. also prongs holding bulb in i pushed closer together so bulb did not move so much. simple if it works . but you helped me out . at worst still underwarranty to the dealer but i always worry when it my car gets repaired by anyone . too bad i could not do MECHANICAL WORK.

02andahalfgt
05-31-2005, 06:18 PM
RIDENOUR ARE YOU DIRECTING YOUR STATMENT TO ME ? ban him .are you joking . for what ,capital letters. AND BECAUSE I ASKED THAT FOLKS LEAVE OUT STUFF THAT IS ACTUALLUAly not need on this website or any.. i have explianed in detail why there are caps etc at times . one is easy my caps button and number 5 button stick . i have had them cleaned if you ask. and my few handi caps causes many probleMS. ALSO I WENT INTO DETAIL ON THAT . WHICH IS ACTUALLY KNOW ONES BUSINESS.. your only 19 . you are likely still in school , and fairly to very smart . i never had the fortune of getting an education or a few other things . atleast show some respect to someone twice your age.

Dude, you're just making it worse. We've all heard about your problems, it's a shame but grow the fock up. You being handicapped has nothing to do with typing in caps... Unless you spastically hold down the shift key. If your keyboard doesn't work, they're like $10 at office supply stores, if you can afford to mod your GA you can afford a new keyboard. There's no need to use caps...ever. And you're even more of a moron to use them on purpose throughout your posts. The only time you're wasting is your own to type like that.

:horse:

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-31-2005, 06:53 PM
YOU MUST HAVE A LOT OF TIME on your hands to be so worried about my caps or no caps. do you have a life. grow up.and or mind your own business. there are plenty of other intelligent folks on this website can over look this problem. does it keep you from sleeping at NIGHTS. AND MY PHYSICAL PROBLEMS ARE MY BUSINESS all my machines etc are not at all designed like yours and am still getting use to them etc. i can ' t do my own work on my car nore it my car set up for driving like many others . idon ' t like to use them as an acuse but you few anoying folks are pushing me .. TRY SHARING my lifE . DO YOU NOt have more important things to do other people to both.are you my teacher or mother . thank god your not. i am not so petty to email some one because they were not using proper grammer or puncation or spelling or caps or no caps . i have alot of better words to say to you but the sight was not designed to handle them. two more worDS DON ' T READ AND DON 'T REPLY, because your waisting my time and patients. what i do with my money is my business not yours . i more then know cap[s means your yelling . well now i am. how many other peolpe do you bother with your petty gipes. ps: if you or anyoner esle wants to bug me about this very petty topic email me direct , but i am tied of explaining my self and replying .dO not use the wesite any more . dreamer000@accesswave.ca. sleep easy and count none capital letters while you nod off.

02andahalfgt
05-31-2005, 07:13 PM
how many other peolpe do you bother with your petty gipes.

A lot, it's sort of a hobby. :thumbs:

pyro
05-31-2005, 07:50 PM
nice