Just got a 2002 GAGT w/ Ram Air... need suggestions for mods... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Just got a 2002 GAGT w/ Ram Air... need suggestions for mods...

freakydeaky
06-02-2005, 09:58 AM
hi all, i purchased a 2002 Gagt yesterday and was wondering if anyone could give me some simple interior/exterior mods.... please start with the least expensive. It's a 4 door, sunroof, spoiler, premium pontiac rims, and the monsoon stereo system.... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated... thanks... i'll post a pic soon

boost21
06-02-2005, 10:03 AM
umm search around......, gutter gaurd grill, paint calipers, new fogs, clear tail lights, shave badges, neons, and the list goes on

mr_eh
06-02-2005, 10:04 AM
why would you want auggestions from other people how to mod your own car?

go outside, stare at it, find what you dont like, or what you want to add, then do it... this will help make your car not look likev everyone elses...

boost21
06-02-2005, 10:09 AM
/\ *iagree* thats the best way

tenspeed
06-02-2005, 10:18 AM
*welcome*

freakydeaky
06-02-2005, 10:38 AM
what i'm really needing suggestions for are ways to increase hp... i'm familiar with the 3.4L v6, but the whole "ram air" thing is throwing me off...

redramair01
06-02-2005, 10:40 AM
what i'm really needing suggestions for are ways to increase hp... i'm familiar with the 3.4L v6, but the whole "ram air" thing is throwing me off...

Dont let it fool you, its all marketing. lol

freakydeaky
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
it said it has a cold air intake.... i already have a warm air intake for my engine, if i install the warm air intake will it hurt my performance?.... i really like the roar of the warm air... any suggestions?

coupe
06-02-2005, 11:27 AM
why would you want auggestions from other people how to mod your own car?

go outside, stare at it, find what you dont like, or what you want to add, then do it... this will help make your car not look likev everyone elses...

^^^^ he is absolutely correct.

Just do me a favor and do searches on whatever you decide to do. All ya have to do is use the search feature.

BigTaters
06-02-2005, 11:28 AM
cold air intake is better than warm air.. if it has a CAI u will see a big shiny pipe heading down towards the wheel well where the air box normally would be.. if they lied and it still has the ram air system from gm u will have the stock snorkles coming from the ram air inlets then to a square air box ..

AznGA
06-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Removing emblems, window tint, intake, exhaust. There are a lot of things you can do.

This is an intro section. I think we can be at least more generous for new people no matter what they ask.

coupe
06-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Removing emblems, window tint, intake, exhaust. There are a lot of things you can do.

This is an intro section. I think we can be at least more generous for new people no matter what they ask.

I was tryin to be. I wanted him to know that his best bet is to go out to his car. Look at it and ask himself what does he want. If he decides he wants something he should come to this wonderful forum and do a search on what he decided to do. That way he will see........ prices, the # of munfactures (sp?), install troubles or non their of, looks, if it is a bad idea, if it is in bad taste etc etc etc. That way we battle hardened vets dont have to answer the same questions we answered 1224378235782368496 times.

I thought i was quite nice about it. :tongue3:

shadesofnight
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Welcome to board there Mr. Deaky.

Id start off with the small stuff. Shave the badges, pick out a color scheme for your interior (if youre interest in painting), give her a good full day of detailing and some Zaino wax! Hang around the board a lot, look at whats goin on in the Members Gallery section, and you should get a good idea of what you want your ride to look like! That's the best advice I can give.

Oh yea, and if youre new to modding (like I was), take your time in everything you do. I know I got a little anxious from time to time with certain mods and ended up not completing them as well as I could have. Read a lot of tips, and always give yourself plenty of time to accomplish what you want.

If youre already into this type of thing and have a good understanding, disregard what I said, and get busy!!

Rebelboy1987
06-05-2005, 11:51 PM
*iagree*

'01GT
06-06-2005, 07:17 PM
*welcome*