where can i buy these parts?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : where can i buy these parts??

pontiacgrl
06-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I have been having problems with my Grand Am, imagine that. And I've been reading everyone's problems today and find that they are similar. I see that the solution is something called a wheel sensor and something else called a passlock sensor. Is there anywhere besides the dealership I can get these at? The dealer wants $235!!! for just the passlock sensor alone. I've been looking all over the last week. I called a few local places for the wheel sensor and they say all they see is the sensor for the ABS but as i was reading everyone's comments, it has to do with the hub. And then they don't carry it for my car!?! I have a 2001 Grand Am SE. PLEASE HELP

rizer
06-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Im confused. You need both the passlock sensor AND wheel speed sensor?

If so, the passlock sensor is in the ignition lock cylinder so your going to need a whole new lock cylinder. I got mine off ebay for 50 bucks, it was for a alero but it still worked.

As for the speed sensor, thats also built into the hub, so your gonna need a whole new hub. I had a problem with it and just disconnect the connector and clean both fronts out and all the problems went away, so i was lucky

pyro
06-03-2005, 01:08 PM
autozone has our hubs for 110

pontiacgrl
06-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

toddau
06-06-2005, 08:01 AM
As for the speed sensor, thats also built into the hub, so your gonna need a whole new hub. I had a problem with it and just disconnect the connector and clean both fronts out and all the problems went away, so i was lucky

How did you clean the sensor? Seems that this sensor is bad on my car too.
You said you disconnected it. Did you completely unbolt it from the hub or does it just pop out?

pyro
06-06-2005, 11:18 AM
it might not be the sensor though, it could be your hub.

rizer
06-06-2005, 01:26 PM
It could be the hub, but it doesnt hurt to try it and save money like i did if your lucky.

All i did to clean it was disconnect the connector and used a wirebrush and baking soda/water. It was pretty cruddy so the michigan salt im sure had something to do with it.