Possible Power Problem??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Possible Power Problem???

sportsacct
06-04-2005, 04:14 PM
I have a 2000 Grand Am GT, 3.4 V-6, 80,000 miles. I just had the brakes and an oil change done. I still need to take the car in for the recall with the turn signal. The problem is for the past week the horn on the keyless entry has gotten real quiet. It locks fine but the horn sometimes was real soft. Then one day the ABS light came on, but hasn't done it again since. Finally today, the car started rough, and shakes. The engine really shakes when you put it into gear. The service engine light also comes on all the time flashes if I put on any speed. As speed increases it doesn't seem to shake as much as when it is stopped and in gear. When in park it idles pretty low and rough. I think I have a power problem maybe, my thought is since it is effecting my keyless entry when to car is off maybe I have a bad battery or short. I will take it in Monday. If anyone has a thought or I am wrong please I am looking for opinions. It just seems really slugish. Thanks for any help.

Costa
06-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I think the two problems are not related. The rough idle and shake, along with the flashing SES light definitly sounds like a misfire. It could be something very simple as a clogged or dirty spark plug.

Either way, the SES light came on, so you have a code in the computer.