Rear Strut Removal Problem...PLEASE HELP!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rear Strut Removal Problem...PLEASE HELP!!!

rap219
06-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Well, I finally decided to go ahead and install my coil-overs today and just ran into a problem. I took the stock front struts off and threw the new ones on with no problem but, When i went to take the back struts off i encountered an obstacle. For some reason I cant figure out how to get the lower bolts out that connect the strut to the hub. I got the top bolts out with no problem but no matter what i try the bottom two on each side are just stuck. :rage: I'm really hoping that someone knows a trick or theres something different i can try because obviously i'm not doing something right. So as of now i'm at a stand still and really want to get this finished. Anyone with ideas please help. Thanx

ViperGTSR
06-04-2005, 05:19 PM
are u having problems unscrewing them or getting them out? theres only 1 way to get them out, and that is: BFH, a big ****ing hammer

crazypontiac03
06-04-2005, 06:07 PM
are u having problems unscrewing them or getting them out? theres only 1 way to get them out, and that is: BFH, a big ****ing hammer

Yup, Just take a Hammer a beat the hell out of it, u also may want to try and take another jack and jack up the rear assembly to help get the bolts out striaght.

rap219
06-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Well....It's time for round two... I'm going to go get some PB and let it soak and just beat on it. I really hope it works. Also...The bolts are press fitted right??? I noticed the weird head on them and figured that was why.

ViperGTSR
06-05-2005, 09:57 AM
yea, they have a nice knurl on em

xxbackhillxx
06-05-2005, 10:05 AM
An air ratchet is your friend in this case.