Front driver's side noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front driver's side noise

MegaHyp
06-07-2005, 06:49 PM
This problem actually started right after i rotated my tires. When i turn the wheel i get a fairly loud creeking noise from the front drivers side wheel area...and when i drive it makes a loud squeaking noise when going over bumps, even minor ones. the noise is VERY noticable and annoying...

Does this sound like the strut itself is bad or maybe the mount?? I find it very weird the noise started as soon as i rotated the wheels.

SilverGAGT04
06-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Its the strut bearing.

MegaHyp
06-18-2005, 02:52 PM
strut bearing? do i need to replace the whole strut? i have never heard of that. i would like to fix it soon though.

SilverGAGT04
06-19-2005, 05:17 PM
You need a professional take the strut apart by compressing it and then replace the strut mount plate. You need special tools and know-how.

MegaHyp
06-21-2005, 06:00 PM
You need a professional take the strut apart by compressing it and then replace the strut mount plate. You need special tools and know-how.

I have installed lowering springs on my old neon myself before. so basically i just need to order a new strut mount plate? i'm sure me and my friend could tackle this job over the weekend. i just wanna make sure its just the plate that needs replacing...the car still rides fine, it just squeeks over bumps.