Location of fuel pump? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Location of fuel pump?

Taz
06-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I just need to know the location of the fuel pump on a 2000 GA GT. The engine starting running rough and the check engine light came on last week. Before I got home the car died and stranded me in the middle of the Arizona desert. My neighbor owns a mechanic shop and was the only tow truck within 60 miles. He said he had equipment to read the OBD so I gave him a shot. Long story short....I got the car back today and drove it into Tucson (about an hour drive). Soon I noticed the engine was running the same as before (like it's not getting fuel) and the check engine light came on again. Needless to say I'm a little ****ed as I just spent $650.00 on this repair. He said he replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter (which was replaced 3000 miles ago when I had to replace an injector) and the serpentine belt. I haven't called the mechanic yet as I want to check to see if the work was done.

Any help is appreciated....

Signed,

Should of taken it to a dealer!

tenspeed
06-11-2005, 06:17 PM
The fuel pump is under the back seat, inside the gas tank.

Taz
06-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Thank you....

Aleromi
06-11-2005, 06:33 PM
but the tank has 2 be drop to get to the fuel pump

tenspeed
06-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Since he just paid for a new pump and filter, I figured that he just wanted to look and see if they are new parts.

He could look at the bolts that hold the gas tank straps to see if the dirt was knocked off. He could also look at the fuel lines attached to the pump to see if they're fresh. The fuel filter is between the rear axle and the gas tank.

At about $350 for the fuel pump unit, I would like to take it home with me after the service.