2001 governor ? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2001 governor ?

shady milkman
06-12-2005, 05:36 PM
hey every one. i just got a 2001 gt. So i went to a area we call the air port. its a long paved street that some one made for us kids to open up or cars. so i tried it and my car would accelerate smoothly to 120 then just stop accelerating. it was weird. I didn't hear the ussualy cut off sound like with other cars. Are there goveners/cut-offs on the 2001 gt? and if so is there any way to disable them.

Since your behind....how's my car's look

pyro
06-12-2005, 05:39 PM
oh my...

Breadfan
06-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Maybe your parents put it on so you wouldn't kill yourself???

shady milkman
06-12-2005, 07:42 PM
funny funy . whyd you say oh my by the way?
i was just wondering lordy. i like perfomance and its not like i'm "street" racing. not to mention there is a little league we people take their cars to race at the local speed way. and i hope to join when i finish modding. so take that. but breadfan that was funny :)

gatorademan
06-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Maybe your parents put it on so you wouldn't kill yourself???

LOL classic example of following what every other retards says when a person under the age of 18 asks a question like this.

shady milkman
06-12-2005, 07:59 PM
so i take it no one will answer my question?

shady milkman
06-12-2005, 08:02 PM
loving the pic gatorademan

eric99gt
06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
search around...you'll find you're answer more in depth than mine if you want it. By the way it is governed.

Breadfan
06-12-2005, 09:04 PM
edit: Fair enough...you're right, hate to be one of those people.

First, since you say this isn't street racing, I am curious just what this place is, how it works, and I'm taking it's not exactly sanctioned, but is the local law enforcement aware of or even ok with this?

I'll admit something like that would be nice, especially if fully sanctioned. And this is better than the last guy who was asking about the governor...

Anyway, I wil answer your question - the GA's are electronically limited to 118mph. Can be defeated with a chip.

Most likely limited due to the fact that limiting a vehicles top speed somehow gets a better CARB score. Keeps some bigger cars from the gas guzzler tax.

Just keep it off the streets.... :nope:

Plenty of chances to explore the top end... (http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html)

shady milkman
06-13-2005, 07:35 AM
thanks. everyone. The cops know about it. and we have to wear the works. the helmet and stuff. so i really want to get the 4 star restrant system and racing seats. - i think thats what it's called. Also do you know were i can get a chip?

Molson
06-13-2005, 08:08 AM
4 or 5 point harness will not do a single thing, actually, it may be useless and give you a false sense of security. It will only be effective if bolted to a proper cage, and used with a proper racing seat.

Breadfan
06-13-2005, 09:46 AM
thanks. everyone. The cops know about it. and we have to wear the works. the helmet and stuff. so i really want to get the 4 star restrant system and racing seats. - i think thats what it's called. Also do you know were i can get a chip?

OK this puts a different perspective on it. Where is this place, and what needs to be done for me to get one locally?

freakydeaky
06-13-2005, 01:48 PM
i hope you have the right rated tires for those speeds, you're also gonna need suspension mods, not to mention some other mods not coming to mind right now.... anyway about the chip, here ya go...... http://www.autoanything.com/products/product_gnn.aspx?p_id=1777&se=jet_performance_chips_power_control_module_pcm

lufkintravis
06-13-2005, 05:57 PM
what happened to the 130 mph governor i read about on the gt's?

shady milkman
06-13-2005, 07:29 PM
i really don't know how to get one started. I have just always knew about it through school. At least what i think is that the cops know we will be racing. so they just make sure we are safe. i'm not even sure if its legal. I'll ask around. but i think just ask your local law enforcement what would need to happen to get something like that "running." :D it probbally helps the the cheif's son does it.

shady milkman
06-13-2005, 07:31 PM
i hope you have the right rated tires for those speeds, you're also gonna need suspension mods, not to mention some other mods not coming to mind right now.... anyway about the chip, here ya go...... http://www.autoanything.com/products/product_gnn.aspx?p_id=1777&se=jet_performance_chips_power_control_module_pcm

Besides that site do you guy's know any other website that has those parts?

Mike Jung
06-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Besides that site do you guy's know any other website that has those parts?
A 'better' 'chip' by:
DHP (Digital Horsepower, Inc.) (http://65.109.52.43/home_index.htm)

DHP PCM @ PartsForYourCar.com (http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Store_Code=PFYC&Category_Code=GA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GA3010)

mr_eh
06-13-2005, 09:14 PM
sounds like someone paved this special road for you to encourage natural selection... by all means do 120mph on tires not rated for it...

but ask yourself this, are you really gonna put your life in the hands of a car whose windows scratch because of shotty craftsmanship?

boost21
06-13-2005, 09:17 PM
/\i agree i always get good rubber even if im not goin at those speeds....whats with the hood milkman are those fake or did you have a hood made?

Mike Jung
06-13-2005, 09:19 PM
... by all means do 120mph on tires not rated for it...

GAGT's come stock with Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires that are V-speed (up to 149mph or 240km/h) rated.
[The GASE's come stock with S-speed (up to 112mph or 180km/h) rated tires.]

Not that really means anything :rolleyes:

PS: I thought the GAGT's speed governor was at 126mph & GASE's at 110mph.

pyro
06-13-2005, 09:24 PM
whats with the hood milkman are those fake or did you have a hood made?

i sure hope that wasnt a custom hood.

shady milkman
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
/\i agree i always get good rubber even if im not goin at those speeds....whats with the hood milkman are those fake or did you have a hood made?

:( unfourtanly no. i didnt put them there. the pervious owner did. I am going to make them were they work. also what type of tires would i use. i just bought goodyear eagle LS. yuppers. also i might get a sc/t hood.

shady milkman
06-14-2005, 07:07 PM
i sure hope that wasnt a custom hood.

what are you trying to say buddy ? :duh: i like the sc/t style alot more

Mike Jung
06-14-2005, 07:26 PM
... by all means do 120mph on tires not rated for it...
GAGT's come stock with Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires that are V-speed (up to 149mph or 240km/h) rated.

...i just bought goodyear eagle LS. yuppers...
:confused:

Why did you get 2-speed ratings lower than the (V-speed rated) stock tires ?

The Goodyear Eagle LS touring tires (http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Eagle+LS&mrktarea=Performance) are only S-speed rated in the size 225/50/16".
[They came on my GASE2 as stock tires.]

shady milkman
06-14-2005, 07:37 PM
unfourtanly thats all they had in stock
and i needed tires badly

Panacea
06-14-2005, 07:42 PM

Correct and corretct (though the speed will vary by about 5mph.

Mike Jung
06-14-2005, 07:52 PM
unfourtanly thats all they had in stock
and i needed tires badly
That kinda of sucks!

I guess I take it for granted that the tire wholesaler/warehouse/authorized retailer that I go to, is relatively close to Bridgestone Canada's warehouse.
So I didn't have any problems getting my tires ordered for like next business day; when I bought Bridgestone tires for summer & winter.
[Unless Bridgestone Canada had a shortage from Japan.]