OK need some suggestions on whats wrong with my car....again [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : OK need some suggestions on whats wrong with my car....again

GrahamKracka
06-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Ok, the last few days my car would randomly shut off after i started it...and afterwards it would be fine. I know this is a problem but didnt think much about it....anyways.... Im driving on the highway going about 65ish and a start to speed up to pass a car and...IM NOT GOING ANY FASTER. It stays around 2300 RPM's and doesnt go any higher no matter how hard i press the gas, then it starts to slowly lose power until it hits about 300 RPM's(my 'normal' idle is like 600-700) then it stalls. I throw it in neutral and try to start my car...it starts but only for about 20-30 seconds and it never goes above 400 RPM's no matter how much gas I gave it...and again stalls on a busy ass highway. So now im ****ing ****ed that my car is acting up again and I pull over to the side of the road with no power steering put it in park and try again. No luck..its just stalls...i leave the key in the on position for a few seconds and still same thing....it does this until it doesnt start at all..it just turns over. I call a friend and we try to jump my car..thinking its the battery(even tho ALL my accesories work fine) and no luck...not the battery. Then i think about gas...nope...I have about 1/3 of a tank. I check my fuses (both boxes) and 1 was blown...but it had nothing to do with starting the car(i had a extra fuse). Im thinking its either a clogged fuel filter or a burned out fuel pump....either way..its at the dealership(im under an extended warranty) and they are dissecting it now, just thought Id get your guys opinions.

O yea...the SES light came on just beforehand i think

GrahamKracka
06-15-2005, 09:06 AM
O yea...i forgot...sorry I havent been by in a while....my lifes been hella hectic....you know you missed me (yea right :P)

1coop44
06-15-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm thinking fuel filter, fuel pump or clogged Cat maybe.

Molson
06-15-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm thinking fuel filter, fuel pump or clogged Cat maybe.
thats what I was thinking too.

badboy2451
06-15-2005, 11:36 AM
you might have been outta gas, werent there some problems with the sensor that had the gauge showing 1/3 or so when you were really outta gas??

Malaclypse
06-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I'd say replace your fuel filter and fuel pump. I was test driving a trailblazer that did the exact same thing. However if you let it sit for ten or fifteen minutes I could start the vehicle again and get it to drive another 300 ft.

atc3434
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
+1 for the fuel pump.

GrahamKracka
06-16-2005, 04:22 AM
you might have been outta gas, werent there some problems with the sensor that had the gauge showing 1/3 or so when you were really outta gas??

nah...I did, have that problem but it was fixed...besides i put 5 dollors in gas in right before i left

It was the fuel pump...it pretty much burned out. I dont have to pay **** for the repairs because of my warranty. Hell they are even replacing my fuel filter(although its only been like 5000 miles since iv replaced it) and they are decarbonizing my valves and combustion chamber....never done that and dont really know whats involved....but hey...its free :P