WTF!! jamstrait Burned! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : WTF!! jamstrait Burned!

boost21
06-15-2005, 02:10 PM
ok here is my rant/ problem/questions. I recently cleared my tails maby 3 weeks ago and I bought 4 jamstrait led bulbs. They worked perfect when they were plugged in with no modifacation. The ones I bought seem to be a new design(pictured below). they dont have the resistors on the leads. After three weeks they kept vibrating loose and turning off. Today I went and unlocked my car and noticed that one was off. I was like ok, I just need to wiggle it back in. I take it off and see this! The F'in circut burned up! What is up with this? Is there a new way to modify the newer design? What should I do cuz my car could of started on fire cuz this peice! ~end rant
Opinions? Suggestions? help needed please i dont want to put the new ones in if there is a mod needed and i dont want my car to burn down :scream: :rage:

the first picture is of the type i bought, seccond is a unburned bulb and the others are of the burnt one.

boost21
06-15-2005, 03:09 PM
anyone??? i dont want to put new ones in if this is going to just happen again??

Coop
06-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but if it was my car, I'd put the regular incandescents back in and leave well enough alone. More times than not aftermarket "fluff" can and does fail - seen it way too many times.

boost21
06-16-2005, 01:37 PM
do you meed like filament bulbs or the red reflector stuff back?

shadesofnight
06-16-2005, 02:04 PM
lol, werent you just arguing in defense of cleared tails with those crappy leds?

When I had cleared, I had some red filament bulbs, looked fine, output was good. I'd just put the reflectors back in though. I got hassled by the cops a few times, once with little red bulb "condoms" on the white bulbs and once with red bulbs, said they were too bright/ not red enough :rolleyes: , whatever. It wasnt worth it.

redramair01
06-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Jamstraits are a joke, put the lenses back in and throw those away.

AznGA
06-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Mike, you used those for brake light right?

GaRedCoupe
06-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Yes he did.