Identify this part! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Identify this part!

AaronGAGT
06-15-2005, 03:37 PM
It doesnt look right and it doesnt really sit in the hole. Its a loud hissing sound (vacuum leak) and the piece will sit tight at WOT, but at idle, it just wiggles around. Anyone know what the name of this thing and where I can pick it up at?

Kodeblue
06-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Isn't that your PCV valve? Any auto parts store would carry it, only a couple bucks too.

MetaGTP1
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
It doesnt look right and it doesnt really sit in the hole. Its a loud hissing sound (vacuum leak) and the piece will sit tight at WOT, but at idle, it just wiggles around. Anyone know what the name of this thing and where I can pick it up at?The assembly is the PCV tube. The PCV valve is at the front of the assembly,the middle attachment(circled in photo) plugs into the vacuum port on the intake manifold and the other part of the tube plugs into the MAP sensor. You have to purchase the PCV tube from the dealer.

AaronGAGT
06-15-2005, 05:08 PM
The assembly is the PCV tube. The PCV valve is at the front of the assembly,the middle attachment(circled in photo) plugs into the vacuum port on the intake manifold and the other part of the tube plugs into the MAP sensor. You have to purchase the PCV tube from the dealer.

well im definitely not doing anything that has to do with the dealer. There's no piece I can just buy that fits into the vacuum port???? PCV valve is fine... its just that simple piece wont stay in the hole!!

SilverGAGT04
06-15-2005, 05:09 PM
It looks like your gromet that is supposed to on that tube into the upper plenum, has sucked in. Don't worry, it wont damage anything major.

AaronGAGT
06-15-2005, 05:20 PM
It looks like your gromet that is supposed to on that tube into the upper plenum, has sucked in. Don't worry, it wont damage anything major.

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or what, but regardless, this car has been running decently in the past. I just noticed that it was loose and heard the leak. Is it possible to just buy a new grommet from somewhere and pluggin the damn thing back in?

geldartb
06-15-2005, 06:29 PM
find a grommet thats in decent shape from a junkyard car if you can thats what i did on my z26 actually found one that was in pretty good shape.

MetaGTP1
06-15-2005, 06:40 PM
well im definitely not doing anything that has to do with the dealer. There's no piece I can just buy that fits into the vacuum port???? PCV valve is fine... its just that simple piece wont stay in the hole!!I meant to also suggest checking a salvage yard for the PCV tube.

Panacea
06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Get the part # from the dealer and order from gmpartsdirect.

stangdude
06-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Go to your local autozone and ask them to check in either the "Motormite/Help" book or the "Dorman" book, one of them has the PCV tubes and grommets listed, I can't guarantee one is available for your particular setup, but they DO have them. They may be too lazy to look, but EVERY Autozone has at least one of these books, most have a couple. I worked there for 5 years and the Motormite book is the single most useful book under the counter.

AaronGAGT
06-15-2005, 07:30 PM
thanks guys.

gobraves02002
06-17-2005, 07:23 PM
i went to jusnk yard and replaced mine

Breadfan
06-17-2005, 10:28 PM
If it's a beater car a small bead of rtv silicon might work and is free if you have some laying around.

Heck beater or not it'd get the job done...

AaronGAGT
06-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Hmm... I like that idea.