Car Alarm NEED HELP!!!!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm NEED HELP!!!!!!

BadGT471
06-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I have a 2-way Paging system Alarm on my 02 GAGT COUPE. I believe it's an audiovox one. It has remote start and the alarm system. Anyway's, recently when you lock the car, after about 10 seconds when the interior lights dim out, the alarm goes off. It pages the remote and shows the car door flashing. It does this randomly and has been doing this more often then not lately. And what is weird is that after it goes off when you unlock the car and then lock it again, it doesn't go off again. It ONLY does it after the car has been started and you turn it off. Does anyone have ANY clue what is causing this and what I should look for? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

boost21
06-15-2005, 09:32 PM
bring it back where you had it insalled

BadGT471
06-15-2005, 09:33 PM
I am going to, but any ideas what might cause that?

boost21
06-15-2005, 09:37 PM
sensor going bad?

Mike Jung
06-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Sounds like your alarm system needs to be programmed with a delay before it monitors the interior lights circuit after 'arming'.

I notice the interior lights on my GA blink on & off right after dimming.
That blinking on & off for a brief second can trip the alarm.
(The trunk closing & delay of the interior lights dimming can cause the same thing.)

PS: Don't ever leave a interior light on in the car; unless you want to be paged every 20-minutes later, when the battery run down feature turns off the interior lights.

sc02grandam
06-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Sounds like your alarm system needs to be programmed with a delay before it monitors the interior lights circuit after 'arming'.

I notice the interior lights on my GA blink on & off right after dimming.
That blinking on & off for a brief second can trip the alarm.
(The trunk closing & delay of the interior lights dimming can cause the same thing.)

PS: Don't ever leave a interior light on in the car; unless you want to be paged every 20-minutes later, when the battery run down feature turns off the interior lights.

if thats the case.. whoever installed your alarm did one hell of a ****ty job... they shouldnt be using the interior lights as sensors... the bcm has 2 wires that you can use to see if the doors are opened or closed