engine knock and shaking [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : engine knock and shaking

kong
06-16-2005, 06:21 AM
when i come to a stop light or parked, my 99 gagt shakes back and forth, the engine revs, and the engine knocks, it kinda reminds me of a muscle car. has anyone had this problem before, because i can't figure out what's goin on. thanks in advance.

:iconfused

AaronGAGT
06-16-2005, 07:18 AM
are your RPMs bouncing around??

kong
06-16-2005, 09:35 AM
only within 200-300 rpms. i went to autozone to get my egr valve tested and the dude said that one side of the egr valve was bad...meaning that this could be what is causing the shaking and causing my car to run like s***! also, my engine is running rich, meaning more fuel that air. i gotta find an egr valve for cheap.

traingeek087
06-16-2005, 11:44 AM
i had this happen to me bout a month ago. Turned out one of the injectors was bad so a cylinder wasn't firing. Why don't you go hook it up to the computer at your dealership, that should help pin point it easier.

freakydeaky
06-17-2005, 09:30 AM
i've only had my 02 gagt since 6/2..... i also have same thing happening, no shaking or knocking, but my rpm's do fluctuate..... i would say one in every ten starts.... let us know what you find out.... i assumed it was because of my new intake taking in too much air.

kong
06-20-2005, 08:31 AM
my cousin and i did a thorough check and we found it out to be the throttle wasn't on tightly. i not knowingly took a bolt off of the throttle when i went to change the thermostat, so the bolt wasn't tight. but thru it all, i had replaced the egr valve ($150), new bosch spark plugs, idle air control valve($35), and a fuel filter ($11). the car was shaking before the fuel filter, but after is was swapped out, it was running smooth again. but thanks for the help guys! no i just have to change the wheel bearing (hub assembly).