hey all [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : hey all

averagewhiteboy
06-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Salutations guys.

I'm new. lol. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I'm just trying to sell my car to go get a Grand Am. There a few nice ones at the dealership my family always buys from. All GT's. I don't want an SE unless it's the 2.2 with a 5 speed. But they're all auto...so oh well. lol. The main one I want is this black 2003 GT. It's really nice. It'd be about 300 a month and there's only like 7k on it. We'll see.

I have a few questions though:

* Let's say I have a warranty. What will void it? Like, the GT's are already really quick and good handling cars...but more is always better. I'd want to cosmetically leave it as is. But get like the intake, exhaust, suspension, system...stuff like that. Will that all void it? I need all the warranty assistance I can get. lol.

* On my Dads Monte, it's an 04 SS, it has the stock headunit. I know tha tyou do alot through it, such as reset the tire thing and the like. If I get an aftermarket headunit will that screw everything up? How will I reset everything?

Umm...I think that's it for now...? So just hit me up wit hthat stuff and we'll go from there. Thanks y'all!

:cook:

badboy2451
06-20-2005, 10:45 PM
depends on how the dealership is..they can be real ******* about stuff and say that a drop in k&n filter messes something up, or that the neons you wired are causing all the eletrical problems...if they want to, they can say that anything aftermarket voids a warrenty so make sure that you remember how to take stuff off in case they are like that and you need some work done...

OT: isnt there a law or something sayin that they cant do this anymore??

freakydeaky
06-21-2005, 09:08 AM
any modifications to the engine.... will more than likely will void the warranty, what "mods" give the dealers is a "loop" hole, a loop hole out of the warranty.... you can bet if you mod and something goes wrong that will normally be covered under warranty, they WILL blame it on the mods..... unless the dealer is family or something

GrahamKracka
06-21-2005, 09:20 AM
I think its called the magnuson-moss act...they cant blame everything on the mods...

basically...the modded part will not be covered(of course) and if the mod is a DIRECT (or close to it) cause of the failure..they wont cover that either

anybody can correct me if im wrong tho

Kdawg207
06-21-2005, 09:20 AM
*welcome*

Teh search is yur friend

GrandAmChick
06-21-2005, 11:54 AM
I think its called the magnuson-moss act...they cant blame everything on the mods...

basically...the modded part will not be covered(of course) and if the mod is a DIRECT (or close to it) cause of the failure..they wont cover that either

anybody can correct me if im wrong tho

The dealer would need to prove this too.. they can't just say, "oh look, new tb.. that's the reason ur starter died." I'd search the topic on here, iceman knows all about this act..

Welcome to the site.. :) I've done lotsa mods to my car, but my mom has a really good reputation with our dealer, so n in the past I've had things covered under warranty that def should not have been.

RAZE
06-23-2005, 04:21 PM
The headunit might get rid of the door chimes, but there is a cheap harness that you can buy which will allow you to keep it. Also, if you have steering wheel radio controls, then you will need the PAC harness sold on PFYC.com, which is around $55.