Uh-oh..Windowis completely off the track...Help? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh..Windowis completely off the track...Help?

chesee48
06-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Ok guys,
so my window still went up/down...but i let it go down all the way yesterday and it got stuck. I like tried to move it around and it completely is off now...doesnt go up nor down...I went up to WI for the cubs game and i was able to pull the window up with my hands to get it to stay up by itself in the time being. Then when i started to drive, it fell back down..

So now, i did some searching and i found this post..

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28930&highlight=window+track

and this TSB:
#01-08-64-018D Front Door Window Glass Wont Roll Up or Out of Channel (Replace Guide) - (Oct 20, 2003)

Are those the only parts i need to fix this problem from that one post above?

any help is awesome guys..

thanks!

freakydeaky
06-21-2005, 10:11 AM
there is no track..... you need a new window regulator... about $50- $60 on ebay, and is simple to install.... DO NOT buy this part from the dealer, it will cost three times as much.

chesee48
06-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Huh? there is no window track/ guides? how is that possible?

freakydeaky
06-21-2005, 10:23 AM
yes, there are guides... but no "track".... a set of clips keeps your window in place, if one is broken off your window will not go up or down..... unfortunatelty you can't just buy the clips, you have to get the whole regulator

chesee48
06-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Did u guys click on the link? probably better to buy the one on ebay for 65 shipped huh?

Hey guys. I did a little research today while I was at my Pontiac dealer. Turns out that they now make the parts just for the window guides (track) and the sash (part that connects to the window). Before you would have to pay for the entire assembly kit which would run ya around 200-300 dollars. I am sure that someone has already posted this and all, but I am just making sure that everyone knew.... Here are the part numbers and prices for the parts :

Driver Side Guide :
12335482..............33.32 each (You need 2)
Window Sash:
22622377..............4.00 each (You need 2)

All together just to fix your window track, its going to cost around 80 dollars. This will fix the clunking noise, or if your window is all slanted. It means you broke those little stupid white plastic clips...

freakydeaky
06-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Did u guys click on the link? probably better to buy the one on ebay for 65 shipped huh?

Hey guys. I did a little research today while I was at my Pontiac dealer. Turns out that they now make the parts just for the window guides (track) and the sash (part that connects to the window). Before you would have to pay for the entire assembly kit which would run ya around 200-300 dollars. I am sure that someone has already posted this and all, but I am just making sure that everyone knew.... Here are the part numbers and prices for the parts :

Driver Side Guide :
12335482..............33.32 each (You need 2)
Window Sash:
22622377..............4.00 each (You need 2)

All together just to fix your window track, its going to cost around 80 dollars. This will fix the clunking noise, or if your window is all slanted. It means you broke those little stupid white plastic clips...

thanks, that's good info to know.... all i needed was the clips , but i had to purchase the entire unit....

mr_eh
06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
****ing impossible to buy just xxx part around here, i paid 300$ to just fix the god damn window so it worked (it was raining out, no time to **** around)

TOMGT99
06-23-2005, 02:41 AM
Sounds like a problem I've had along with everyone else. Yor need to replace the window regulator. $60 shipped to your door. very easty to install. Or if that with plastic crap is broke i think you can buy that seperatly now (not sure). But that fact is these windows suck A**!! Next time it breaks i'm going to the dealership though to a least have a warranty.

Malaclypse
06-23-2005, 02:57 AM
As far as I've seen, the clips/guides on cable window-regulator vehicles don't go bad. 99% of the time the regulator is screwed. Hooray for old-school scissor-type regulators. Only thing that fails are the motors. =p

chesee48
06-23-2005, 09:02 AM
So should i buy the motor/regulator or the plastic clips above?

TOMGT99
06-24-2005, 01:16 AM
i disagree with that because my regulator got all tangeled in the motor with the wires that actuate it up and down. also had to replace the plastic clips before

chesee48
06-29-2005, 01:27 AM
i am going to buy those parts tomorrow...the guide/sash...

am i gonna need to buy a window regulator too probably?

Chemboy
06-29-2005, 11:54 AM
With mine I have to replace the whole thing. In mine the wire got off the spool and tore the thing apart. When I took it out of the door and took it apart there were shavings everywhere. Right now I have a block of wood and a clamp keeping the window up. Just bought parts off ebay and I am waiting for them to show up.

BadGT471
06-29-2005, 01:18 PM
What is the part # for the white plastic clips that attach to the window on the passenger side (dr). How much are those?

chesee48
06-30-2005, 10:06 PM
So i picked up those plastic clips...now i need to glue them on? the dealer was trying to charge me 200 to glue them on...do i need the window guides? the dealer was saying i didnt need them

chesee48
07-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Ok, i opened up the door panel and saw that the plastic piece that holds the metal bar thingy that then connects to the track is what is off. One of the "clips" that are one of the part numbers that are above was off, but that wasnt the problem.

It is that white plastic slip that connects the bar to the track...and there were 3 small white pieces that were broken on the bottom of the door, and i dont know if that is part of the white piece holds the metal bar to the track or if its another separte piece....anyone know what im talking about?
i'll take some pics and post them

chesee48
07-13-2005, 06:06 PM
ok, i think its this piece...
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50651&highlight=window+track

buckeyes09
04-30-2008, 08:21 AM
yeah this thread is very old but im having the same problem with mine and i already took it apart and the sash is in great shape im pretty sure its the regulator. the window will go down but i cant get it back up.

i'd really rather not take it to the shop just cause of how expensive it is but im having
a hard time getting the regulator out of the door...anyone done this before?

Lab Rat
04-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Yah, I put in the regulator/tracks. It is kinda tight in there but if you move it around there is a route to get it out.. I think you need to get like one corner out and then the rest can be moved to clear the supports, etc. Just fight with it a little and you will get it.

lone_wolf025
04-30-2008, 09:20 AM
I've done this a few times. Just gotta pop out all the bolts and wriggle it out with a lot of swearing pulling and grunting.

My only thought is if the clips are all in good shape it might just be a burned out motor. No point in replacing the whole thing unless necessary.

buckeyes09
04-30-2008, 10:06 AM
well the motor actually works i can see part of the wire moving...ill try getting it out again today. the motor still being attached to wire was the only part i was having trouble with

awfulwaffle
04-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I've done this twice with no trouble. WHy don't you just pull the power connector out of the motor? It makes it a whole lot easier. Like everyone's said, when you're done with that, just wiggle everything out. It'll come out eventually. Then reverse it all installing.