Generic wiring [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Generic wiring

pyro
06-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Ok, i bought some foglights to go behind my grille and i open the box and there is no wiring diagram. I know how to hook up everything, i just cant for the life of me remember how to wire up the switch, im used to working with the kind that has no light on the switch. My question is, does the wiring go positive neutral negative? or positive negative neutral. If you cant understand its ok because i didint really understand what i was typing when i did it. thanks in advance

brim
06-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok, i bought some foglights to go behind my grille and i open the box and there is no wiring diagram. I know how to hook up everything, i just cant for the life of me remember how to wire up the switch, im used to working with the kind that has no light on the switch. My question is, does the wiring go positive neutral negative? or positive negative neutral. If you cant understand its ok because i didint really understand what i was typing when i did it. thanks in advance

on the lights? you should have 2 wires off each light, positive and ground.

on the switch there should be a positive, acc, ground

the positive on the switch has to be a constant 12V, you could link it to the battery

the ACC in the middle of the switch would be for the power lines off the fogs, then you have to ground both the switch and the fog ground wires.

it's kind of an idiot method but most switches, the direction they turn on is usually the opposite of where the 12V wire should hook up

pyro
06-25-2005, 08:31 PM
<--- idiot... ok thanks, i had it backwards.