Rear View Mirror fell-off: Re-Gluing It [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror fell-off: Re-Gluing It

Mike Jung
06-27-2005, 01:40 PM
So I get to my car this afternoon:

My rear view mirror was hanging from the power wire :wtf

I guess over 7-years & the current weather of 33C/91F with the sun's UV index of 9 (or very high); was too much for it.

So I took it to the auto-glass place that did my window tinting; & they re-glued it back for me for free (I'm not sure why he/owner did it for free for me) :)

They cleaned off the old glue & re-glued back into about the original position.
Said give it 5-minutes to dry before touching it.
& I was off.

Will this re-gluing job last long ?
Or will I have to re-glue it in the future again?

Coop
06-27-2005, 01:53 PM
I've always put them back on myself with the good permatex kits and they seem to last longer than stock. As long as they cleaned it good it should last the life of the car. Kit's only cost about a buck or 2 anyway.

RamAirGT22
06-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Mine fell off in my grand am and in my S-10. I took it to my mechanic and he fixed them both for free. They both fell off from the heat and the sun during the summer i think...

Matt95GT
06-27-2005, 02:11 PM
I re-glued the one in my first car using the glue kit specifically for it. I RTFM and followed the directions for cleaning, etc. I owned the car for a year and a half after that, never had any problems again.

GrahamKracka
06-27-2005, 02:37 PM
So I get to my car this afternoon:

My rear view mirror was hanging from the power wire :wtf

I guess over 7-years & the current weather of 33C/91F with the sun's UV index of 9 (or very high); was too much for it.

So I took it to the auto-glass place that did my window tinting; & they re-glued it back for me for free (I'm not sure why he/owner did it for free for me) :)

They cleaned off the old glue & re-glued back into about the original position.
Said give it 5-minutes to dry before touching it.
& I was off.

Will this re-gluing job last long ?
Or will I have to re-glue it in the future again?

I thinkthe UV index here is always 10...CANCER here i come.... :spam: