Back Up Lights...not Working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Back Up Lights...not Working

ChrisB
06-29-2005, 06:08 PM
OK...a search didn't yield anything on this...my g/f 2000 Sunfire's back up lights stopped working...took it to the shop...guy says it's not the switch...says it's the plunger or whatever hit the switch inside the tranny when you put it in reverse. Told me to take it to a dealer because to fix the problem, the tranny's gotta be taken out and apart....hmmmm for friggin back up lights???? I told him to wire a switch to the dash...turn em on whenever...he said he wasn't comfortable doing that because he doesn't have the diagram and doesn't want to fry anything. Fair enough. Thats my problem. Here's my question(s) Does that sound right? Tearing the tranny apart to fix the back up light issue. Can I bypass the switch and just wire a toggle on the pod? You guys know what I'm asking.......anybody wanna offer up some wisdom? I'll love you long time....

pyro
06-29-2005, 06:20 PM
i know that if you dont get the shifter all the way on reverse they dont come on, maybe it is true.

ChrisB
06-29-2005, 06:22 PM
yeah...he tried adjusting the shifter all the way..thatta way but it's not the fix...it's that whatever..plunger...whatever inside the tranny...sucks.

lufkintravis
06-30-2005, 12:22 AM
i wouldn't even bother, hell in my car i can't see anything because of all the blind spots anyway, i'm kinda picky though and wouldn't wanna put a switch anywhere in my car...lol