99 GA rear windows fall [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 99 GA rear windows fall

zx636skiv
07-04-2005, 11:07 AM
The right rear window stopped working all together about a year ago. A week ago the left rear went down but never went back up. 2 days ago, the right rear fell. I can push both up manually, but of course they don't stay. I took a picture of what I think might be the problem, but am at a loss on how to fix it, or if I just have to get a whole new piece.

I have searched several threads, but haven't seen this exact problem. The window is on track and the sashes don't seem to be broken.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry the pic is so blurry...the camera doesn't like taking a pic that close to the glass!

JACKAL
08-14-2005, 06:11 PM
I just found that I have the exact same problem with my rear drivers side door. Pulled it apart but I have no idea what the problem is. Motor still works fine. Can hear it and see a cable moving. Hopefully this thread bump catches the eye of someone that can help.

zx636skiv
08-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Doubt it...

Now the front passenger window doesn't work from that side...works from the driver side, so I am guessing the switch went...dammit sheit is breaking fast on this car...anyone else having similar problems???

freakydeaky
08-15-2005, 09:03 AM
lots have had problems with the window regulators... go to the dealer and purchase the window clips

MattBatt
09-09-2005, 01:47 PM
on mine the driverside door there is this little white plastic thingy that has fallen apart it attatches the cable from the motor to the window and holds it on the track what the heck is it called and is it possible to fix?

Oops opened the next search result and found what I was looking for http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53180&highlight=window+track+broken
but still I have a two door and really big hands how do you get in there?

freakydeaky
09-09-2005, 01:56 PM
on mine the driverside door there is this little white plastic thingy that has fallen apart it attatches the cable from the motor to the window and holds it on the track what the heck is it called and is it possible to fix?

Oops opened the next search result and found what I was looking for http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53180&highlight=window+track+broken
but still I have a two door and really big hands how do you get in there?

ya take off the door panels