Help Plz: Monsoon button covering peeling off [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help Plz: Monsoon button covering peeling off

idahoeeboy
07-04-2005, 07:52 PM
This forums is probably a more appropriate place to post this than where I tried before. I have searched for about an hour now with no results. The problem I'm having is that the grey plastic covering on my monsoon radio buttons has begun to bubble on one or two of the more commonly used buttons (skip, etc). My wife thought the bubble was a piece of something and picked it off, so now there's this ugly tear in it where you can see underneath. Does anyone know how to go about replacing or repairing this button?

Thanks

AznGA
07-04-2005, 09:09 PM
You can't just replace the buttons. It's the whole unit. My window buttons are peeling off too. There isn't really much you can do about it.

freakydeaky
07-05-2005, 08:06 AM
nothing you can do.... it's normal wear and tear.... you could find someone with the same head unit and take it apart and swap the buttons out... in time they're gonna peel too

Raven1
07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
My headunit did the same thing. Each button I used commonly the grey wore off. I took mine back to the dealer since its only 2 years old and made them replace the headunit. I now just make sure my nails don't touch the buttons.

AznGA
07-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Ever since I got the stock Monsoon MP3 headunit(found in 04+ GA's), this isn't really an issue anymore. The only buttons I use are the volume knob, and the little knob next to it because that can skip songs.