Door lock problem...help guys! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Door lock problem...help guys!

MxRacer965
07-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Just noticed a problem with my passenger side door lock this morning...it won't unlock with the remote, or the buttons...only with the key, or physically unlocking it myself from inside the car. The door will lock ok using the remote or the buttons inside, but it won't unlock at all. Drivers door is working fine with either remote or button. Any ideas on where to start looking? I'd hate to have to take this to the shop and shell out $300 for some stupid repair that I could potentially do myself. Dunno if this is related or not, but I've got a Viper 790XV remote start/keyless entry/alarm system installed as well. It's worked flawlessly since I got it installed over a year ago, and the fact that the drivers door is working ok, and the button doesn't even unlock the door leads me to believe that this isn't a cause of the problem...

Thanks for the help guys

Aaron

MxRacer965
07-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Ok, I been checking around the net and thought I would check fuses/relays. I noticed on the drives side fuse panel the diagram mentions DR UNLOCK RELAY and DRIVER DR UNLUCK RELAY. I'm assuming the DR UNLOCK RELAY is the unlock relay for the passenger side? Anyway, going on that assumtion, I started wiggling the relay and pressing unlock repeatedly...surprise surprise, the passenger door unlocked. Tried the same scenario with my remote, and door unlocked. Can't get it to keep unlocking, need to wiggle the relay or it won't work. Sound like a bad relay, or bad fuse panel? Where do I get another one, how much does it cost? How do I get this one out? I tried pulling on it, but it wouldn't come out. I've been reading about water leaks causing some problems, but I don't think that is my problem. I have noticed some dampness in the upper left corner of the windshield when I get caught in a downpour, but my car is garaged and I don't usually drive it if it is raining out so I really don't think water is a source of problems...

Aaron

freakydeaky
07-05-2005, 02:41 PM
here's the part number 15393413 .... about $20

MxRacer965
07-05-2005, 02:49 PM
From the dealer I take it? Can anybody tell me how to remove it from the fuse box???

freakydeaky
07-05-2005, 02:52 PM
that i'm not sure of