the night the lights went out..... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : the night the lights went out.....

freakydeaky
07-05-2005, 07:36 AM
i hope everyone had a good fourth..... here's my prob.... i changed my tail signals to amber, htey were 3157's, i had to mod them so they'd work, and they do.... but now my gauges will not light up at night, my "running" tails doesn't come on with my headlamps like they should, my fog lights doesn't work, all red lights on radio doesn't come on, havc knobs doesn't light up, dimmer switch doesn't work (i assume because there's nothing to dim)........ can anyone shed some light on this for me ( i had led's wired into my steering wheel cruise lamps, which i blamed for the problem and promptly removed them.... help please?

Molson
07-05-2005, 07:47 AM
fuse.

freakydeaky
07-05-2005, 07:57 AM
could it be multiple fuses?....... do you possibly know the one(s) i need to replace?

Molson
07-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Pull the fuse panel off. Look for blown ones. :)

Look for the ones for tail light, cluster, radio, etc. IIRC the cluster and parking lamps are the same fuse. You shorted something out. Why did you have to mod the bulb? Amber 3157's are commonly available.

freakydeaky
07-05-2005, 08:33 AM
great info... thanks

freakydeaky
07-05-2005, 08:34 AM
I KNOW EXACTLY what It Is...You Didnt Put Load Resistors Onto Your Turn Signals In The Rear, You Will Need 4 - 2 Per Side, You Tap Into The Turn Signal Line And Ground, Theyre Different On Each Side, Look At The LED Signal Forum In All Apperance, Happened To Me Also, But You Did Blow A Fuse, Turn Signal Parkling Lamps Fuse I Believe, But You Will Need The Load Resistors First, Otherwise Your Going To Blow Them All Day Long. Load Resistors Can Be Found At www.superbrightleds.com Or You Can Make You Own Have Fun!

i had to cut out two posts on each bulb...

Molson
07-05-2005, 10:16 AM
I KNOW EXACTLY what It Is...You Didnt Put Load Resistors Onto Your Turn Signals In The Rear, You Will Need 4 - 2 Per Side, You Tap Into The Turn Signal Line And Ground, Theyre Different On Each Side, Look At The LED Signal Forum In All Apperance, Happened To Me Also, But You Did Blow A Fuse, Turn Signal Parkling Lamps Fuse I Believe, But You Will Need The Load Resistors First, Otherwise Your Going To Blow Them All Day Long. Load Resistors Can Be Found At www.superbrightleds.com Or You Can Make You Own Have Fun!
My lord. You don't have to capitalize every single word.

freakydeaky
07-05-2005, 01:31 PM
out of curiosity i took it the dealer, since it's under warranty i figured i'd let them do a diagnostics on it.... not saying i don't trust you guys but with my service engine light on they might as well check it out while it's free for me...... you never know what they might find, and have to fix :face: ........ i'll update when they call me with the prob

freakydeaky
07-07-2005, 11:49 AM
well here's what the dealership said was wrong...... blown fuse, they had to replace my monsoon head unit (again), a vacuum leak in the egr valve hose (reason for service engine soon light), they also replaced my fog's...... all at no cost

freakydeaky
07-28-2005, 01:12 PM
well damn.... another tail light problem.... no lights when brakes are applied, they work when my lights are on, but when the brakes are applied they stay the same intensity instead of being brighter when the brakes are applied.... fuses are fine... o yeah, i opted out of those $30 a piece led's, and just purchased the APC 3157 led's for the time being.... any suggestions ?

Molson
07-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Get rid of the APC lights. :D

freakydeaky
08-01-2005, 08:43 AM
okay, i removed the apc led's.... and put the stock bulbs with condoms back in, still one problem... everything works except my driver side brake lights.... the driver side comes on when the lights are on, but when the brakes are pressed they stay the same intensity..... somebody help me please, any suggestions, anything.... at......all........... is there some kind of relay or something?

freakydeaky
08-01-2005, 01:28 PM
*bump*... i know somebody knows how to fix this or at least point me in the right direction

freakydeaky
08-02-2005, 08:19 AM
*bump*

freakydeaky
08-03-2005, 07:24 AM
*bump*

okay, i removed the apc led's.... and put the stock bulbs with condoms back in, still one problem... everything works except my driver side brake lights.... the driver side comes on when the lights are on, but when the brakes are pressed they stay the same intensity..... somebody help me please, any suggestions, anything.... at......all........... is there some kind of relay or something?

pyro
08-03-2005, 07:59 AM
the higher wattage filaments burned out and/or the metal peices inside the housing are coroded/ burned.

freakydeaky
08-03-2005, 08:48 AM
the higher wattage filaments burned out and/or the metal peices inside the housing are coroded/ burned.

they are brand new 3157's, i checked for burn out, they're fine.... there's gotta be a relay or something for the brakes... should i have it diagnosed?

pyro
08-03-2005, 02:17 PM
did you check all the wiring inside the housing to see if it has burned or come undone? no use wasting money if you havnt checked the basics yet.

freakydeaky
08-18-2005, 09:01 AM
*bump*.....still have this problem... all the wiring seems to be fine, bulbs are new, the fuse is fine.... the driver side tails still won't work!.... help!

freakydeaky
08-23-2005, 11:43 AM
*bump*
still have this problem... all the wiring seems to be fine, bulbs are new, the fuse is fine.... the driver side tails still won't work!.... help!

well, i've been having it out with the dealer for about an hour now... they refuse to look at the tails under warranty, they're blaming the problem on me because i cleared the tails.... and i quote "they were working fine until you started messing with them (tails)"... true.... i didn't do anything to any of the wiring, only thing i can think of is those phucking apc led's must have fried something... the dealer knows nothing of the led's, changing bulbs is general maintenance, shouldn't they at least be obligated to look at my problem, even if they don't fix it, at least look at it and tell me what's wrong.... i'm extremely put out with the dealer, this is the third car i've bought from them, you'd think they would look at it free simply because i'm a loyal customer, i've been giving them money for over ten years they should imo waive any charges incurred while diagnosing my problem......