Side Panels [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Side Panels

Graxall
07-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Ok i(like a retard) removed my side panels last summer cuz my idiot friend convinced me it wud look better. It obviously didnt so now i put them back on and all of them stick decently except the dam passenger side front..I used 3m dbl sided tape and even tryed a diff dbl sided tape still comes off i guess its the combo of the 90 degree heat followed by the massive downpour we have been seeing but if anyone has any other tips please feel free to help =) thanks

Kodeblue
07-06-2005, 01:27 PM
I had this same problem a couple years ago when I bought a set of GT skirts and mouldings for my SE. I soent enbough money in tape to but a new set of skirts, lol. ANyways, I went to the local auto paint shop and they has an epoxy there that worked really well. I forget what it was called though. It was like 2 tubes together and you need a special caulking gun to use it. Two things on the gun go in the 2 tubes to push the epoxy out evem;y and they mix in a tube as it comes out. Hope this helps and if I figure out the name, I'll post it up for you.. By the way, the stuff was green.

mr_eh
07-06-2005, 01:31 PM
they warp being off the car for any amount of time, my side panels are coming off on the passenger side, basically you need to glue them on or it will just rip away from the tape

action
07-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Windshield urethane, can buy it for a regular caulking gun tube. Use the urethane, then use tape to hold the piece in place for 24h at least. This will give the product time to cure a bit. This stuff is messy so be careful, once its applied, its a big mess to clean up if you decide to take them back off!!!!

Graxall
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
is it weather resistant? or will rain own it lol...or heat..

action
07-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Yes, it holds windshields in fine!!!!