Yet Another Problem With Tyc Tailamps [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Problem With Tyc Tailamps

GTLUVA
07-06-2005, 10:19 PM
I can say I do love my TYC carbon fiber tailz because I'm a carbon fiber freak and I because I received lots of good compliments on them. But the first problem I dealt with was the the brake light bulb falling out. Yes, I e-mailed the company they sent me two new wire harness they have been working great since I replaced the harness.

Yesterday when I got off work it was raining so hard during the afternoon my car was still dripping wet when I got off at 4:00 well look at my tailight and it has lots of condesation built in it only the driver side. Tonight went to to go wash my car and I hand wash the GA dont' trust the automatic car washes with my bodykit on but just gently sprayed some water at the taillamp and condesation is starting to pop up again. Right now I'm just going to e-mail TYC and bitch about another problem hoping they will send me a new tailamp. I was just wondering if anybody else has had any similar problems with their TYC tailz :mad:

pyro
07-06-2005, 10:21 PM
nope, mine are fine, could be anything, a small crack, a seal, chip, anything.

AznGA
07-06-2005, 10:31 PM
I noticed mine get foggy too. I don't care. I am about to get rid of these ugly ones.

GTLUVA
07-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Well when I got my car back from the bodyshop I put my stock tailz back in but then I stripped my bolt on my tailamp :thumbsdow but its still pretty tight after playing around with my tailz every week I got so mad I just took the damn things out and got my good old stockers back in with my twinkle bulbs :cool: Heres a pic of my TYC tailz going to hell. Contacted TYC owner told me to contact the place I ordered them from hyperformanceauto.com they refuse to e-mail me back. $194 gone down the hole :thumbsdow

GTLUVA
07-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Heres a pic of the other side going to hell. Damn had the tailz since March and they are dead already :p

Graxall
07-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Prolly a sealing problem. my reverse lights are like that =/ get em re-sealed imo

pyro
07-08-2005, 05:18 PM
*iagree* check your seals

coupe
07-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Mine are fine.

Bgonz22
07-09-2005, 11:45 AM
I would suggest resealing them.

ndprunner22
07-09-2005, 11:53 AM
just head over to autozone and get some silicone and go around the edges with it to reseal it all just make sure u get all teh water out first