another wheel bearing thread [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : another wheel bearing thread

onesexyga
07-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Okay, so i searched, used the how to, and changed a wheel bearing. It was throwing the 3 codes and howling hardcore. I jacked it up, and the front drivers side tire was very loose. I changed that one. End of noise. Still got the lights on. Disconnected the battery and they went out briefly. Same three are back again and staying on. Whats the deal?

action
07-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Have the codes pulled. It could be the other wheel sensor, or the ABS computer or the harness going into the computer. (the abs computer is in the driver side front wheel well, next to the windshield wash bottle.)

I have a similar problem with my car, a technician hooked up a Tech II and we went for a drive, all the wheel sensors showed correct speed, when we looked at the ABS computer the harness was all swelled from corrosion. I'm replacing the harness shortly ($18)

onesexyga
07-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks. Sometimes they dont come on right when it starts, but do within 30 seconds. Other times they come right on when i start it. Weird.

mcgrady
07-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Sounds like there is corrosion on one of the sensors. I had a 2001 Montana in the shop 2 days ago for the ABS, Trac, service vehicle lights. R/F speed sensor would show excessive variation. The connector at the sensor was all green so we cleaned it and put some dielectric grease in it.