Window or SOMETHING loose, NEED HELP [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window or SOMETHING loose, NEED HELP

BadGT471
07-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Ok guys, people like to kind of slam my car door (02 gagt coupe). i constant tell them NOT too. Anyway's, now it seems like something is loose on my window.. It almost makes a "clunk" sound. Does that mean that the regulator is broken, or is it probably just loose and easily able to tighten up? Will closing the doors hard break the regulators or clips on these cars?

Jeff

pyro
07-08-2005, 02:45 PM
does the window go up and down fine?

BadGT471
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
yes, but it clunks when it does so... will people closing the door too hard cause probs witht he window and all the components?

pyro
07-08-2005, 03:37 PM
somehting is loose, might be the regulator, but i dont recall it being able to up and down correctly if its broken. someone else on here should know how to help.

freakydeaky
07-08-2005, 03:50 PM
one of the clips holding the glass is partly broken.... in a couple of days/weeks you'll be in the market for some new ones, be happy it's happening now, when i had the same prob on a diff car i had to buy the whole regulator, you'll only have to buy the clips.... i say fix it before it breaks, when mine finally broke off the cables were all twisted and mangled, if that happens you'll need the whole regulator

AznGA
07-08-2005, 04:44 PM
First of all, if people don't respect your car by slamming the door, don't even let them ride in your car ever again.

When you close the door when the window is open, it's normal for the window to kinda move a bit because it's not tucked in.