Hot air coming from vents sporatically... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hot air coming from vents sporatically...

grandamgtdriver
07-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey everyone,

I have a 2000 Grand AM. Lately, when I turn on my vent or air conditioning, I will have super hot air blow out from time to time. As soon as I change the speed level of the vent (i.e. change from 4 to 5 and back to 4), it will stop blowing hot air and go back to normal, but it keep doing it every now and then. What is wrong? How much to fix it?

On a side note, I don't get much air coming out of my vents until I put it to level 3. I had that fixed when it was under warranty, but it broke again. What is wrong and how much to fix?

Thanks in advance!!!

Kdawg207
07-11-2005, 10:35 AM
the vent speed issue is a cheap fix...search for that...the gm part number is on here...i bought it too for like 12 bux....i think it's called the blower motor resistor if i am remembering right

the hot air issue...i dunno

Malaclypse
07-11-2005, 11:51 AM
You're low on refrigerant

grandamgtdriver
07-11-2005, 12:55 PM
the vent speed issue is a cheap fix...search for that...the gm part number is on here...i bought it too for like 12 bux....i think it's called the blower motor resistor if i am remembering right

the hot air issue...i dunno

Thanks, I found the sticky regarding the vent speed issue. As for the hot air...I had someone tell me it's a vacuum issue whatever that means...?

Kdawg207
07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
no sweat....lol sweat...no AC...lol

damn i hate mondays

freakydeaky
07-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks, I found the sticky regarding the vent speed issue. As for the hot air...I had someone tell me it's a vacuum issue whatever that means...?

a vacuum issue will cause your "service engine soon" light to come on.... i'm willing to bet one of the hoses is coming unattached or there may be a hole in one of them....

Malaclypse
07-12-2005, 01:13 AM
The temperature door in your cars is not vacuum controlled. Its electrical. If the air was only blowing out of the defrost vents you could blame a vacuum problem.

Like I said, get the refrigerant charge checked. You're at least 1/2 lb low. The inoperative blower on certain speeds has nothing to do with your a/c blowing hot air.

grandamgtdriver
07-12-2005, 06:38 AM
The vent speed has nothing to do with the hot air issue...I have to change the speed to stop the hot air from blowing, which doesn't always work. I can even feel hot air coming out of the vents when they are turned off sometimes!