Cd Player Defunct? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cd Player Defunct?

Exodus
07-13-2005, 09:55 AM
this was originally in newbies and FAQ's, I think it should be in here:
knowing about typical grand am problems, i don't believe i've ever heard of anyone coming across this problem. I did a search but came up empty handed.
Here's the problem: Cd player skips alot and i know it's not the cd's. this just started recently. cds work everywhere else. it's getting to be very annoying now.
if this has happened to anyone or if you can please give some insight, it would greatly be appreciated.
thanks

1coop44
07-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Dirt on the lazer lense maybe . Does it do it only when the cars moving or not ?Check & make sure the HU is attached to the bracket at the back of the unit . Just throwing some crap out there .

Exodus
07-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Dirt on the lazer lense maybe . Does it do it only when the cars moving or not ?Check & make sure the HU is attached to the bracket at the back of the unit . Just throwing some crap out there .

no dirt. cleaned it many times w/ "laser lense cd cleaner" if it even works.
it skips when it is in park or when driving.

action
07-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Its on its way out, just as well to go buy a decent aftermarket head unit like 90% of the people here have!!! I've had an aftermarket stereo since the 2nd year I've had my car, using stock speakers (HPF in the new deck) and 2 subs ran off a seperate amp.

Even still, stock speakers with a better head unit will give you a better set up than stock.

Exodus
07-13-2005, 11:50 AM
yeah, kinda figured that. not that much into loud systems rather spend money on things that would be of more interest. but i definatley cant drive around w/o music especially around staten island, its definitely a calmer.

action
07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
In that case, just get a good aftermarket HU, that's all I had for years. I only added subs within the last year or so, and that was to have better fill in and take the bass out of the stock speakers.

Exodus
07-13-2005, 01:31 PM
thanks for the info :)