Hitch for 2000 GAGT? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hitch for 2000 GAGT?

Tnuts00GT
07-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know of a hitch I can put on my 2000 GAGT? It is hard to find one for the GTs because of the "Dual" exhaust. Thanks

action
07-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Get the one for the se and have an exhaust shop modify the exhaust, plus you may have to customize your bumper becuase of the piece that drops down between the exhaust tips. Other than that there is no manafacturer of a hitch for your car.

I have a hidden hitch on mine (class 3 which is the square hole type not the flat bar style) and its very nice. Some other brands have a bar that goes under the muffler on the driver's side, the H/H goes up over the muffler, very clean. I had a magnaflow exhaust installed at the time and I just had the pipes reinstalled to fit around the hitch.

Other than that the V6 GA's tow very well, I can tow 2 skidoos on a double trailer well, and a single skidoo or ATV with ease. The wiring is vvery easy when you buy the module designed for vechicles with seperate brake and signal light bulbs. Its available from any auto part store, REESE is one manafacturer.

oldcat
07-15-2005, 03:02 PM
I went to a local tire store that rented u-haul stuff. It had to be ordered but it is out there.