Air bag light and seat belt light, why are they on? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Air bag light and seat belt light, why are they on?

GrandAmGT1996
07-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Yesterday I was driving, and all the sudden my seat belt light came on and so did my air bag light. I was wearing my seat belt and my air bags are fine. Why would they turn on, and how could I get rid of it? I already tryed disconnecting the battery. :iconfused

Malaclypse
07-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Time to check codes.

GrandAmGT1996
07-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Guess I need to hit up autozone, but as long as the car runs fine...I'm not to worried. lol. If anyone else has any idea, help is appreciated

equinox520
07-16-2005, 01:17 PM
i know my air bag light is on but that's cause they deployed! actually we just replaced the bags and the control module under the passenger seat and it's still on so I think it's going in to a dealer......plus the rear wheels need to be alligned.....

we went to a different auto shop and hooked the car up to a scan tool and it showed a code 51 which was obviously air bag deployment.....the guy said he couldnt reset a code 51...but the thing that troubles me is that we replaced everything and its still on so I think only a dealer can reset it.......*but a 96 may be different, i have no clue

GrandAmGT1996
07-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Alright...thanks, well my airbags defintly didn't deploy and hopefully don't. lol. I doubt that they can clear it on a '96 if they can't on a '03...damn dealerships are money hungry...everything needs to be done by them, lol. Oh well...I'll just have more lighting in my dash now. lol

GrandAmGT1996
07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Ok, I wen't to autozone and no codes? The seatbelt light turns off now when I put my seat belt on (well, most of the time it turns off when I put it on) But the airbag light, still on.